Are you serious??? Can I say I loved this movie enough? I love it so much that I am slightly offended by people that don't like it...seriously, just relax, take it for what it is and enjoy it already. Not every day do you get to hear Pierce singing S.O.S. trying to look all seductive; that was probably the funniest thing I have seen all year. It's kind of like I get offended by people that don't like Twilight books...once again; Relax, take it for what it is and enjoy it already.
Josh suprised me last weekend, by getting a babysitter, taking me to Market Street and then Mama Mia...it was awesome. He even loved the show. I liked it so much that I went back with my sis in laws last night and they all loved it too.(most of them, I pretend that I didn't go with anybody that didn't like it) I looked down the row and Tricia was totally dancing in her seat with tears in her eyes cause she was laughing so hard...we might possibly have an Abba dance party at the cabin one of these weekends.
On the twilight note...this is the conversation that we had this weekend.
Josh: Why do you keep reading those books?
Kristen: Because they're good and excititng...you'd really like them if you'd just give them a chance
Josh: Tell me what they're about without laughing or smiling, why don't you read something that's not fake?
Kristen: That's not the point...what was your favorite movie this year?
Josh: Batman...but that isn't fake (trying to cover up)
Kristen: Exactly (then I came out later wearing his Iron Man t-shirt that he got when his bro's went and saw iron man together.)
11 comments:
Oh Kristen. I had to swallow the vomit in my mouth. YOU LIKED MAMA MIA?
You know, I ADORE ABBA. I grew up on the stuff. I own ABBA Gold. My aunt has the ABBA Laser Disc. Yes....laser disc. HA HA! Oh yea baby...love me some ABBA, but that movie?
Granted, I'm basing my opinion off of the 10 min. that I saw while hopping movie theaters when we went to see Wall*E. JM wasn't going to have any part of that, so I saw a little bit of everything else that was at the theater. I tell ya...watching Meryl Streep (That is the actress, isn't it?), flitting around, hanging off of the ledge of some building, practaclly making love to the top of the roof made me nautious. Even JM was screaming. We had to go.
Now Batman....that movie looks killer good. Haven't seen it yet though.
But I'm with you on the Twilight books. Karen G. was telling me the other day that she just couldn't get into them. WHAT?!??! That's blasphme. Did you know there is an entire message board called twilight moms and they have a chapter here and they go do all sorts of activities? My cousin is a big junkie on that board. Oh and speaking of the books, I finally finished yesterday. Maddison is nearly half way done....I'll return it as soon as she finishes.
Well, thanks for updating and feeding my blogging addiction. I'm pathetic. Now I need to go and feed my kids.
Oh and tell Josh that I am revoking his "manhood" card for liking that movie.
YEAH!
I LOVED Mamma Mia. I am the same... if you don't like it... I think... thats a lie.... deep down everyone HAS to like that movie. They may just be too macho to say it!
I loved this movie so much! I am dying to go see it again. I agree about Pierce Brosnan. Absolutely comical. Loved everything about it!
OH MY, is all I can say, I had heard that Pierce can't sing, and a highlight of the movie was hearing him try, but I had no idea it was that bad! :) good for him though and he is still a sexy old man! Maybe I will see it after all. I do love cheesy chick flicks, speaking of, have you seen the other high school musical movies, I think theres like 3 of them now, I thank you for giving me a clue about them when we watched the first one at your house that day and neglected our kids! good times! Otherwise I would have been out of the loop.
Oh and please e-mail me Nancy C.'s address, and Heather B's number. I love my old list in the move. Thanks a billion
but no way would I diminish Josh's manhood for liking that movie, he deserves it too much after giving you a surprise date a seeing a movie he knew you'd choose! major props Josh! teach dave a thing or two will ya? :)
--Julie
I meant LOST my list
--julie
Yeah...I'm with ya all the way. I'm really sick of people getting all crazy intellect/brainiac on me over movies and the twilight series. I mean come on..isn't it all just entertainment..don't read it if you don't want to but don't turn it into this huge debate. I know I'm not increasing my IQ any by reading the book but if I want a non-thinking easy enjoyable read you better believe I'm going to read it. As far as the movie goes...I'm actually excited to see it! I'm sorry but what musical isn't CHEESY and OVER THE TOP. Every freak-n broadway play I've seen is like that..so I don't get when people are all bugged that Mama Mia didn't turn out to be some Academy Award winning movie. Is that what they were really expecting??? Wow! Maybe I should have just called you on this instead of write my soap box book here. Loved the Batman movie dialog with Josh by the way.
Thanks for the little bit of mamma mia. I have to say I was a little bumed I didnt get to see it for the 2nd time the other night, we didnt end up going. It is a definate purchase movie.
Girls' night out, baby! a couple weeks ago - mom, sisters, and me. We were almost dancing in the aisles, especially because we were in the Spanish Fork theater and we were 50% of the movie watchers there. Not that I'd ever live a life like theirs, but the music sure was fun and dang, that scenery was gorgeous! Anybody for a trip to Greece with me? :) We'll bring Pierce Brosnan along to serenade.
i read Twilight. Josh, take it from me... DO NOT BOTHER.
Post a Comment