
I found Makay the other day in the living room in this huge mess. He pulled them out all by his self, opened them up and scattered them all over the room. What a stinker. He is totally going to be the kid that climbs up the dining table and swings from the light.
Now on to the barnicle thing. I have this patch of skin on my leg that I was sure to be a type of skin cancer and I made a dermatoligist appt. to go get it removed. A little background on me and cancer. I always think I have cancer, I have no family history of it, but I deathly afraid of it, kind of like I am positive that when the earthquake strikes, I am going to be stuck under some freeway bridge or in a tunnel somewhere and get smashed. Anyway, I get all nervous to go, sure that I was going to be on radiation treatment by the weekend, have butterflies in my stomach in the waiting room. I finally get to go back to the exam room, where I am greeted by a nerdy old man that is wearing a helmet with goggles attached to it. He takes one look at my leg, and says: "That's what we call a barnicle. It is genetic and people get them all the time." My reply "You mean a barnicle, like the kind that grow on boats?" He says ya and continues on with his exam.
Are you serious? A barnicle? They can't think of another word for it? like genetic skin patch, or gsp for short. Seriously, it looks like I might have to go through the boat decontaminator next time I want to hop into a Utah lake so I don't spread barnicles all over the state water supply. How embarrasing.