Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Finer Things Club




Now that I have finished reading Breaking Dawn, I can relax my brain enough to post to my lame blog. (I was very pleased with the turnout, I could read it all over again right now, but there are some serious chores to do.)
I want to announce my acceptance into the finer things club. I have evaluated some of my recent behaviors and decided that I should let myself into the club.
The first reason that I should be accepted in, is because I love artichokes. They are definatly my favorite vegetable, if not my favorite all time food. Since they are a vegetable delicasy, they qualify. I really get worked up about artichokes. We just got back from California and we were mintues away from the artichoke capital of the nation, and I got a real kick out of it. I even got to see a real artichoke plant which I have never seen before. I even have artichoke parties, since we don't drink, parties can be really dull if you don't want to eat the chocolate fountain. They provide a great social atmosphere and are a Weight Watchers point value of 0.
Another reason for the club acceptance is because I love olive oil. Another fine food. I love to make salads and dump it all over the top of it. I tried it in brownies, and I didn't work out so hot, but I threw them away and nobody found out about my blunder. (except those I called and asked what they would do if they were me.)
I also bought pink shirts for my boys from the gap. Since pink is the new black, we are going to be a styling family. Watch out Perry's.
If anybody else wants in, don't worry if you have social blunders that counter your fine qualities. If the club knew about some of mine they'd never let me in. For example, wear sweats half the days of the week, I listen to Hannah Montana, and sometimes I let dogs lick me in the face.


6 comments:

Heidi said...

This is great! I would say that you can definately join the club. Reading this makes me miss The Office! It starts again next month, yeah! BTW, congrats on finishing the book. I am almost done myself:)

Elena said...

You are one classy lady. I've never tried artichokes without butter or a dip. I should join the club because my favorite way to drink grape juice is in a wine glass. That's about as classy as I get.

Tony and Erica said...

I loved your artichoke ninghts. I turned Tony into an artichoke lover also. but seriously dont look to close at the quilt, the top is finished but definately no straight lines.. thats why its a messy quilt.

Kristy said...

Hee hee...TOO FUNNY! I feel special that "I" know about the olive oil in the brownies incident.

Okay, don't go ignoring your blog now that I've found it. I'm stalking you neighbor!

Oh and I was thinking the other day....you guys should come over one night and we can play Rock Band or battle on Guitar Hero. Maddison would love it, as would we!

Bethie said...

Kristen- you make me laugh. I hope your trip was good, that was neat to hear that you stopped by Annie and Danny's house:) I too LOVE artichokes!!!!!

Bryn said...

Kurt and I love artichokes! We need to be invited to one of your artichoke parties. Although I like them dipped in melted butter and mayo (probably not 0 WW points). I'm glad that you're back to blogging now that Breaking Dawn is done. I haven't read it yet, so thanks for not spoiling the ending on your blog.