
On the news this week, I discovered that the state of Massachusets is trying to outlaw spanking. If this law was passed, the offenders would be charged with neglegence...or even worse, child abuse. Unfortunately for me, If the authorities found my blog entry from Monday October 22, 2007 I would be sent to the slammer. How terrible.
Too bad that I don't have an excuse like Marie Baron when she was found drunk in the front seat of her car. She plead in-law insanity. I have great in-laws. What is a girl to do?
I bet God thought twice before sending me children...Hopefully sometime in my life I can prove to him that it was worth the risk. Poor Makay, he doesn't even know what he's getting into. It's not all milk and kisses forever. How sad.
9 comments:
That is hilarious! On your comment,I have to take a lot of pictures because I don't have as much funny stuff to write about like you. And I have to post I am so obsessed. I can't believe I haven't met little Makay yet. We need to come and meet him. Also you should bring Milo over to play. Then you could have some time with just you and the bambino and maybe even get a nap. Take me up on it!!!!
ps. the comment you made about Christmas story I was laughing out loud!!! How do little piggy's eat? Oh you kill me.
Ba-a-a-ad ,mommy. I have NEVER spanked any of my children. Just don't go to them for verification. Actually, my spanking rule is I can only do it when I am in complete control. I worry that if I do it when I'm at the height of anger I might go overboard. But really, am I ever in complete control? That's funny that you said that about Mackay because I remember getting after Ben one day and then holding baby Garrett and crying because I knew that one day my precious baby was going to get it.
I'm calling child services....Just kidding. I know your a good mom. Its Josh and Milos flipping trick that I'm worried about! That little head better not hit the ground!
Oh you are too funny! Kristen... i know you are a good mom. and don't ever think otherwise. :)
I'll be your cell mate :) Crazy people! Since when did a little swat on the booty do any harm? Hey and don't worry about Makay...Milo's taken the worst of it. You know the first kid is always the tester kid. Makay's got it made! I think we screwed up the most on Jack. Max is getting the better end of the deal and I think our last child will hopefully be the most adjusted :)
Artichoke night should be resurected!! But i dont think they will serve those in prison. I do think they serve Mashed potaoes though.. according to movies.
I'm not worried about going to jail- for some reason spanking has no effect on my children. I don't know what works on them, but hopefully when I finally figure it out it won't be against the law.
My brother in law actually outsmarted his mom because she used wooden spoons on their bums and he put a book in there and the spoon broke. She cried for hours not being able to forgive herself for hitting her kid so hard, while he laughed it up in his room. I guess the moral is: sooner or later, no matter the discipline we choose, they'll outsmart us and it's back to the drawing board, so I say do what works!! Love the picture of big bird too. You're great!!
Post a Comment