Sunday, November 18, 2007

7 Interesting things you might not know...

1. I am terrible at apologizing. Partly because I am not usually sorry, and partly because I figure people should choose to not be offended, and I like provide that opportunity to them. The part that I am not usually sorry is because a lot of the time I think the reasons somebody would be mad at me are lame.
It sounds complicated...but it is actually quite simple. Just don't get mad at me for a lame reason, and you're in the safe zone. But unfortunately I am the one who gauges what is legitimate and what is lame.
2. I would like re-live a handful of days in my life. 1)My wedding day, (because you're the princess, and the spotlight of the day) 2)the birth of my 2 boys ( because you're the princess again, but you have an actual spotlight and some stitches in a not so friendly place), 3) The day that I walked home from Eastmont Middle School in a major rainstorm with my future hubby and some other close friends, we had water fights the whole way home. Honey...I can't wait till we can splash in the rain again...too bad Paul missed out on that one. 4) The day in my sophomore year of college when we laid sod at a preschool, swam in an apt. swimming pool with our muddy clothes and shoes on. (I can still see the nasty boots floating in the corner of the pool, and Dusty posing sans t-shirt on the diving board with some kids floaty around his chunky body), followed by a trip to Quail Lake on "Stinky's" boat. That day Kim and I fixed the motor because our "Dad's have boats." I need to give a shout out to Kim...You are always so good to me and one of my favorite people to be with, not to mention one of the funniest people I know...Can't wait to meet Cannon.
3. I obsess about 3 things on my body. My toenails...they always have to be painted and the faded/chipped kind don't count. And unfortunately I always notice other people's toenails, especially when they are faded and chipped....I am so SORRY! But I just can't help it. My eyebrows. They always have to be plucked...but fortunately I am not critical of other's brow jobs. Just my own. My bikini line...It always has to be waxed. And hopefully nobody would give me the oppertunity of criticizing your bikini lines. Everybody should watch that one. 4. I am not very competetive. So if you're wanting to play games with me, or even argue...consider yourself the winner. I surrender too easily.
5. I used to dream of a life full of excitement and adventure...then I had kids. My life is still full of excitement and adventure, just a different kind. I still dream of traveling, and living on a lake so we can kayak in the morning for a workout, but I picture myself in my 50's instead of my 20's. Reality is telling me that my 20's are almost over, and I don't think I'll get to that daily kayaking any time soon. Oh yea, and we are going to need really nice cars.
6. My favorite actor/actresses are Amanda Bines...She is darling in anything she does. Reese Witherspoon, again...darling. Up and coming...Rene Zellweger. I am really starting to like her. Hugh Jackman .Wolverine... need I say more? Matt Damon, Cute and classy, there is a brain behind that face. Russell Crowe, I love everything with him in it. There are lots more...but they usually surface after I have watched a great show and I think to myself...They really do a great job. And I cant forget about Tom & Mel.
7. If I could have the "Perfect Day" this would be it. Get up between 7-8 after a full night's rest. Work out hard! No walk around the block for me. Take a shower. Get ready. Do something fun with the kids. Get my sunglasses on (there is something about sunglasses that make me feel like a movie star) Rent a black, convertable Porsche.(the kind with the loud engine) Get a treatment at the sanctuary day spa. Go out to all meals. Get a baby sitter and go downtown shopping with Josh...in the Porsche. (I haven't figured out the whole carseat thing in my Porsche yet. Any ideas?)
7.5 I am a terrible writer. But, i figure this is a blog not an English paper, so please be forgiving while reading.

11 comments:

Aly said...

Just wanted to right that I truly enjoy you so much

Aly said...

I really do know how to spell write. I get distracted easily. Love ya.

Ashley said...

Just thought I should weigh in as an English teacher. :) Enjoyed the post.

The Ericksons said...

I totally remember that walk home from Eastmont, it really was a great time.

Elena said...

Oh, my gosh - my toenails and my eyebrows. I'll never be able to look you in the eyes again. You crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with Elena, all of the sudden a little more aware of my toenails and eyebrows. Love that you've come to grips with the inability to say sorry. Jeff gave me "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" for Valentines Day, so he got "The Five Languages of an Apology" for Christmas if you want to borrow it. He hasn't cracked it open and I'm sure he wouldn't miss it. You offensive?, I'd never dream, just don't get offended by me and we're both good to go because half the time I foend people and don't have a clue as to why. I know, I'm totally insensitive, it's the six brothers in me. Love all of you!!

Kim said...

Thanks for the shout out. I don’t think I have ever had one of those before. If KISN97 or Q99.5 were still around I would call and dedicate a New Kids On The Block song to you.
Oh here is something funny for you, the other day our new receptionist told me I was the smartest person she knows. I told her that was the first time anyone has ever said that to me.
Actually I think your blog is smart and fun. It's one of my favorite places online.

Elizabeth said...

Glad to know about the toenails. I'll definitely have fresh polish on them next time you see me.

Bryn said...

I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to Kristen about my chipping toenail polish, I'm truely sorry if I've grossed you out. I love to read your blog because I do think your a great writer, maybe that doesn't mean much coming from someone who can't write or spell. But I think your great! We wouldn't be a very good team playing games because I give up like you. If someone else wants the glory, let them have it!

Adam's Family said...

Kristen I love your blog. Your boys are so dang cute. That baby is beautiful!!! Heidi told me he was and I see she wasn't kidding. Call me if you need anything. I would love to see that baby some time too. Congratulations! Say hi to Katie if you're at the Sanctuary by the way. Isn't that spa amazing? - Jen

The Durham Project said...

You're hilarious. Whenever I hear Chaka Kahn I think of you. (And that's not a bad thing!)