Thursday, January 24, 2008

Longing for Sunnier days


We all need summer to come, we have resorted to risking the safety of the newborn to entertain Milo. But it worked for a little while and nobody ended up with injuries. I thought I'd sit down and post since I just got back from a snowy 15 minute jog. I love running in the snow, but when I am so out of shape it is not as much fun, as it is good to get fresh air and some alone time with my Ipod. By the way the whole blog bribe thing doesn't work perfectly because often times I will blog when there was no prayer that i could have worked out that day, so it just turns into blog guilt instead of blog fun. But it is still a good reward for when I did work out. I have lost 6 pounds on WW so far in 3 weeks. YIPEE! I can't really feel it in my clothes yet, so I am still preferring to wear sweat pants until I can magically put on those GAP jeans that I bought before I had Milo. And the plan is for those to be too big so I can buy some new jeans. Plus we have two swimsuit vacations this summer and I don't want to be hiding behind a sun dress like I always do. Wow, the sun....what a nice thing to think about. I am almost ready to go to a cancer bed to catch some rays on my face, I am looking like a sick person, and the bronzer isn't doing it. But, I am getting afraid of skin damage/aging so, we'll see how long I can hold off.

14 comments:

Tony and Erica said...

Mr Bakay, You are already in for your brother entertainment. He looks so big in that stroller! Even though it is for itybity babies. He looks like a big boy.

Bryn said...

6 pounds? Thats impressive! Gap jeans here you come!
I have that same picture with Raegan and Macy in the doll stroller when Macy was just a few days old. Funny, I probably wouldn't have dreamed to do something that risky with my first baby. I feel bad for our future children, who knows what we'll let them do.

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness Makay looks so big in that stroller. I glad that he was able to provide good entertainment for Milo. Way to go on WW. I thought that you looked great last Saturday!!

The Ericksons said...

Hey! Good for you and the 6 pounds, I am slowly coming up on you with 4.5! I wish it was just instant because I have so many jeans I would love to wear. Thanks for the baby bling advice. It is fun making hairbows! I enjoy it. I need to do more. I can't believe how big Milo is getting, it just seems like last summer we were out in Cali for Paul's wedding...when Milo HATED the car!

Elena said...

6 pounds is awesome! I'm proud of you. I took Gracie (our dog) out for a walk in the snow today and wanted to just keep going. The air was invigorating. But, I want warm weather. At least you have time to lose the weight. My baby comes in May and swimsuits come in June. It bites. Maybe I should up the exercise bike time. Nah. You're looking great and beautiful. You don't need any more color - your natural one is gorgeous.

Cherish said...

Hey Kristen...I just joined the blogging world and want to add you to my list...I just need your email address (email me at cherhayes@hotmail.com if you want.) Your boys are so cute. It is sad what desperate measures we go to in order to entertain them this time of year. Bring on the sun...
Congrats on your new calling!

Van Cott Family said...

Soooooooooo cute! I am sad I can't squeeze that baby, and Seth and Milo could have matching shirts too! :) Isaac has the same one too, I've taken to buying matching cloths for the boys and love it! I guess it stems from my desire to have twins, maybe next time!
--Julie VC

Aly said...

What a darling picture that is!! That is great about your new calling. You will be amazing at that. That is the calling for you for sure!! :)

~Natalie~ said...

That is too cute!!! GOOD JOB on 6 pounds! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

That is so cute how Makay just happily sits there and lets him push him around. Brothers are so cute...most of the time :) Hurray on the 6 lbs!!! You gotta get in our spa day reward with me, Tami and Kristin. Lose a minimum of 4 lbs a month and we go live it up with a massage, facial, mani/pedi or ALL of the above my personal favorite.

Ashley said...

You go on the six pounds! Wahoo! (I've lost 3, but must workout regularly to get with the program. I ordered Turbo Jam, by the way.)

And P.S., how is Makay so big already? I'm feeling old.

Tamara Jacobs said...

I am craving sunny weather too! It's much too cold and dreary these days. I love the picture of your cute boys!

The Ericksons said...

Hey I have a ? for ya... how do activity points work on weight watchers work? I don't get what they are for...help!!

Annie Jane said...

Kristen I love you, way to go. I am going to run my first half-marathon in April. I know you will appreciate that.
It is good to see I am not the only mom that lets their two year old put their precious newborn in one of those weak little plastic wheeled strollers! Haha