Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Makay's Blessing Day








Makay got blessed on Sunday. It was such a good day. I think Milo had the most fun because all of his cousins came over to his house and played after church. He loves having friends over. And I wasn't frazzled at all (suprisingly) I assigned almost all the food out to willing relatives and my mom bought his darling outfit. I reminded myself that it is about him, and nobody cares what I look like or how clean my house is. Oma and Opa didn't make it because of the snow storm, neither did Danny and Annie (Milo definately has a crush on Melia after she came over last week, he would be heartbroken to know that he could have seen her again.) but it was wonderful anyway. He looked so cute in his "full body sweater" as uncle Adam would call it and I was so sad to take it off him at the end of the day. We went up to Aunt Debbies on Monday to have her take pictures of him in it and I was sad again to take it off him. So needless to say he might be wearing it to church until he grows out of it or until it is too hot for sweaters.






5 comments:

The Ericksons said...

oh you worked out!! Me too! I love the pictures. He is smiling! I love it. I am glad you liked the outfit! I hope all is well!

Elena said...

Me, too! Shoveling snow was my work out today, but it was the bike yesterday. Makay looked adorable on Sunday - but he's a Mendendhall boy so that isn't any surprise.

Heidi Berry said...

It was a beautiful day, that is for sure. Makay looked so sweet- I am excited to see the pictures Aunt Debbie took.

Linds Forrest said...

You look so pretty in the family picture!! Makay is darling... good job making those babies!

Van Cott Family said...

That is an adorable outfit, way to go grandma! Your two little men both looked so handsome! I love blessing day! It's a fun spiritual high centered around a perfect little baby, what could be better. Even if nobody cared, you did look fantastic though, for the record! bye
--Julie