Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Blogging....good as chocolate for me

I have been trying to find some sort of reward system for exercising. It has been 8 weeks and I officially no longer have the pregnant/just had a baby excuse for not exercising. I have always been good about it my whole life and I am ready to get back to my old self. I don't like anything good enough to entice me to exercise....except blogging. I thought of all the possible rewards. Facials are too expensive, chocolate won't do the trick it reverses any good that was just done, time to myself is not possible because it requires the burden of somebody else, so I turned to my new found love...blogging. It is like dangling a treat in front of a puppy when you want him to roll over. So if you have any comments on your blog or see a new post on mine, I want to be congratulated because it means that I have just completed a workout or have worked out some time that day. I am going to weight watchers this week to try to get some of those post baby pounds off (16 to be exact). I'll be documenting on here also so I can get some cheering on from all of my blog friends. And I'll be happy to do the same for you. Hopefully this works, because I would really like to be thin for the summer. That has been the plan for the last 7 years and it has never really happened. Thanks and love you all...I loved seeing how fun Christmas was and I am still waiting for some more posts...(you know who you are)
PS I want to invite anybody to lunch for Kristin Perry's birthday/blog friends get together at the Olive Garden. Let me know it you want to go and what days work best for you.

16 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

Hi Kristen! It's Tamara:) Thanks so much for your cute comment on our blog. You have the cutest family! We'll have to keep in touch ...isn't blogging great? I love it too!

Tamara Jacobs said...

p.s...I was laughing really hard about your friend who took the job as a mortician...I'm glad that's not me! hahah...

Bryn said...

I have to agree that blogging is the best, and very addicting. Congrats on working out today! You don't look like you need to be worrying about losing weight but good for you anyway. One of these days I'll start working out and stop eating cookies for breakfast, I really could use a healthier lifestyle. You'll have to give me some tips. I want to come along on the Kristin Perry date! Thursdays, Wednesdays (when Kristin isn't tending my kids!) work for me! Really I can find a sitter anytime. I also love your slide show!

Tony and Erica said...

Good thinking Kris, Blog for a workout. I'll have to do that now. Turbo Jam has been a good friend of mine since the winter season. I just wish 16 was my goal. You look good, even in your tighht jeans.. that does the trick too, it makes you feel real big, if its true or not. All I can say is at least your inlaws dont call you fat and tell you to go on a diet. Oh yea, and tell you they will take pictures really far away so you cant see you up close...

Kmom said...

Congrats Kris! Work it Girl!
KIm G

Elena said...

16 pounds after a pregnancy is NOTHING. You'll lose that without having to do much. Congratulations on your workout mentality. Good things will happen. I'd love to join you in celebrating Kristin's birthday.

Linds Forrest said...

WAY TO GO KRISTIN! That really is so awesome of you to stick to your goal and I agree... blogging is so fantastic. So fantastic it helps kill an hour, or two, or four at work! ha ha. Keep at your routine! My brother did the big WW and lost over 50 pounds. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I better see comments on my blog or I will come over there and make you work out with me! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Kristin how great are you. That really is motivation because I've come down to workout and get sucked in to the blogging world and before I know it it's too late for a workout. I think we're going to start a biggest loser challenge again. So if you want $50 to go towards winning $$ cashola at the end of your sixteen pounds you should get in. Based on the fact that it ends on Monday and there's a bunch of us who aren't quite where we want to be yet. I think we'll do it until June so you can get into that teeny bikini when we go out on the lake this summer. Wednesday's work for me or whenever Jeff's in town. Can't wait to go with all you all. It was funny because I was going to post something about getting together next Wednesday to celebrate Christmas with all my blogging friends, so we don't have to celebrate my birthday, but any excuse to get together is great. Thanks for the shout out.

The Bonham Family said...

Kristen- I had to look at your cute family off Aly's blog! Your little one's are so dang cute, and your thing about exercising is too funny! Isi'nt it funny what can motivate us! It's so good to see you are doing good I've always just adored you! As for me your gonna have to work out twice as hard because me being preggo there is none of that happening! Jen Bonham (McRae)

Heidi Berry said...

I wish I would've started when Sam was only 8 weeks old. Then I would've been where I wanted to be by now. Maybe I'll borrow your exercising reward too. We'll see if I have the will power. I think you look great, though.

Aly said...

I think that you look great though too. I really enjoy you. And count me in on the lunch date. Sounds like so much fun. Love ya.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, don't pay weight watchers...pay the biggest loser with us. 16lbs??That is awesome! I'm inching away at the 40 I carried over from Jack to Max. Hey, I'm game for Wednesday too for Kristin's bday lunch. Let me know.

Van Cott Family said...

Way to go! I think it's time I check into weight watchers too! I am still about 15 lbs away from where I would be content. So I'll check into it! HAve a fun lunch so wish I could go!
You are so awesome! I am grateful for the friendship!

--Julie

The Ericksons said...

It is so funny how the biggest loser is taking over by storm! Chad and I are starting it tomorrow. I have a LOT to loose. You looked fantastic by the way, and it was fun to see you guys and chat. We are getting settled back down, so it has been nice. I hope I get a comment back, so you better work out!

Deborah said...

Hey Kristin! It's your old neighbor Deborah. I found you guys through Julie's blog and I love reading about your family and what you are doing. Congrats on baby Makay, he is adorable. I have to agree that I love blogging. I am completely addicted. Mostly at looking at other peoples fun blogs but with this new year I plan to update my own more often. Check it out if you want. borisandbilly.blogspot.com Also, I am with you in wanting to loose the baby weight. I still have more than I want and it has been almost a year. Let me know if you find anything that works really well.

Jennifer said...

great idea! I think I'll copy.. only I'll do a bite of Chocolate for every time I work out. Hmmm probably not the best strategy.