Yesterday I was so lucky...I got a day off. Josh came home from work at 9:30 am and took over for the day. He bought me up a magazine, watched the kids, fed them, took Milo to a birthday party and I got to lay in bed all day long. I took two naps and 5 baths. I even got to have all the pillows for myself. We even watched Baby Mama in the afternoon together. The only drawback is that I had been side swiped by the stomach flu, and we really had no other choice. But nonetheless, Josh was wonderful, and he still hasn't made me feel guilty about any of it. Hats off to all you pregnant girls out there...
PS. I started a blog for my kiddo's, it's not private, the link is on my list. Life through the eyes of a little boyIf I make it private, I'll let you know.
7 comments:
Way to go Josh, the whole non-guilt trip thing is definitely half the awesomeness! (if that wasn't a word, it is now!) And I am still dying to get that e-mail or a blog post of the details of Josh's new job. And. . . Are you sure it wasn't a 9 month kind of flu? jk. Seriously Kristen, how dirty did you get lying in bed all day? I actually have a friend here who would take that many baths too if she could, I believe her high is 4 a day with 3 kids and more pregers then me!
--Julie
I am sorry that you were so sick! That seriously bites!! How nice to lay in bed all day though. I think I might want to catch your flu just to do that same thing! :)
To reward josh for being a great husband you should probably reward him with 5 minutes of uninterupted eye contact...that's the best part of baby mama.
Stomach flu - I'm so sorry. That reminds me of a quote from "The Devil Wears Prada." And I misquote - "I'm just a stomach flu away from my ideal weight."
(smile) Ahh, nothing like a good stomach flu to be awarded a day off! As wretched as the sickness is, the rnr time is worth its weight it gold. Congratulations!
Bummer about being sick but WAY to BE Josh! Nothing like a great husband on those sick days. Hope you feel better.
What a great hubby, it's too bad that you had to be sick for your day off, I hope you are feeling all the way better. 5 baths? Wow!
Post a Comment