Friday, October 3, 2008

Long Live Dr. Pratt

Since I am one of the only people that I know that is an ER fanatic (Julie K. at the end of my street is the other) I have give a toast to Dr. Greg Pratt..."Here, Here" I can't believe he died in the season premier. For those of you semi interested in ER (those up early with kids can catch it on TNT) Dr. Pratt dies from wounds in an Ambulance explosion in the middle of the show, and they spend the rest of the show with the funeral, the organ donation, and the Mozzarella Stick Toast at Ikes Cavern. ...This episode could possibly be as sad as when Mark Green dies from Brain Cancer. I heard somebody dies...but I thought it would be Morris or something. Seriously? why do they have to kill somebody just because they didn't renew their contract. They could have sent them to Seattle like Doug Ross or home like Kovach....Do I keep watching? When you lose the chief of the ER it just won't be the same. John Stamos has been on for a couple of years, but he definitely can't fill the big shoes of all the classic characters in this ER saga.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I spent the entire episode bawling, and not just shedding a few tears, but gasping for air as he realized he would die and they couldn't get a hold of his girlfriend, and his brother saw the whole thing, and then Morris pulls out the ring...I think I may need a minute. I am still so excited about John Carter coming back for a few episodes that I almost can't stand it. Good to know that someone else shares my obssession.
Julie King

Tamara Jacobs said...

OH I LOVE ER!!!! Me and Todd watch it faithfully. I couldn't believe that Pratt died either! I miss him.:) it's good to know you're a fan too! i watched it even during the Mark Green and Susan days too. Long live ER.

Kristy said...

Well...have to say I don't watch that un. I was an addict the year that Maddison was born, and watched it faithfully while I nursed her on my little 19" tv in our bedroom.

Yeah. Haven't watched it since then. Is George Clooney still on? ;)

Brookington said...

Oh man I saw this episode and I totally hate that he died...we'll see how the rest of the season goes!

Bryn said...

I love that you blogged about this, it must really mean a lot to you. I never got into E.R. but we are huge Office fans!!

Ashley said...

I stopped watching once Clooney left, but I am interested to hear that people are still watching. (I say that seriously, without a bit of sarcasm.) You do know this is the last season, right?

Aly said...

Hello my cute friend! Thanks for your sweetest comment ever! I truly feel that you are that same way. You always seem so carefree and happy! I have always envied that about you! I love you

Jackie Maxfield said...

From Your Aunt Julie, Surprise! I live for Thursday night.ER has been my only long standing date with myself.