Sunday, April 27, 2008

Graduation Party! "Here-Here"





Josh had his final class on Thursday at 1:00. I was ready for him to be done the week before but unfortunately his teachers had a different idea in mind and made him go to class until the very last minute. He got home on Thursday early and we took Milo to Boondocks for his potty party, then we went to Goodwood to celebrate Josh's last day of undergratuate studies. After we went to Goodwood we went and sat in Aaron's hot tub, per Josh's request. He didn't walk at the formal graduation ceremony, but I threw him a party instead. We had all our family come to Rock Creek Pizza on Saturday night. I rented out the banquet room and bought a huge cake and ice cream. Everybody came (even Phil's Ukranian friend Sasha) we had pizza, cake and a toast with the famous red cups from the cup project. The toast was to "School: the good the bad, or anything else you would like to toast to" Everybody went around the room and made their toast and afterwords we would say "here, here" and raise our glasses. I enjoyed it the most, but everybody else got a good chuckle. (I am going to start making toasts a tradition, so don't be suprised if you are with me at a party and I start a toast. It is a great way to mix things up.)
After we went to Marcus's house and had a Rock Band/Ping Pong party. Sasha is a musician so it was fun to Rock out with him, and Phil is the most entertaining rock band player, even with some serious IBS. I can't wait to see him when he is having a good day. The night wasn't even over yet, we still had to watch the Jazz game that started at 9:15 PM. Which they won. What a party and a great way to celebrate. Our festivities continue this week...we depart for Daytona Beach Florida on Wednesday, where we will be racing cars, scuba diving a shipwreck, and going to Universal Studios, not to mention spending a lot of time on the beach and the pool.
I don't know who was more excited about the whole graduation thing...me or Josh.





18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Graduation. "To sunbathing and race car driving, the making big bucks at the snowie and for finally being able to buy something fun instead of just books and class!" Here, Here. Sounds like it was a great party and congratulations to the both of you for getting through it in one piece. Now on to more serious matters when can we hang out? We miss you guys and we need to come see Josh for a hot tub. Oh and by the way do you want to do lunch for Aly's birthday on Tuesday?

Melany said...

A lot of people go to college for seven years...you, me and doctors. Cheers, Paul

The Ericksons said...

Wow! I bet you thought the day would never come! It finally did. Good work Josh! Now what brilliant idea does he have to make money!? We are actually going to be in town, but we get in on the 29th so I guess we will really miss each other! I guess we can wait till August! Have fun in Florida

Tony and Erica said...

Hurray for graduation.. Here Here! we are just a little bit jealous to be sending you off to Florida, a little bit to say the least. I am so glad school is done with for you, I want to hear what Dolphin thinks about graduation! Josh is so creative who knows what next "thing" josh will come up with next.. He has to keep busy.

PS josh is quite the Rock Band singer too... he needs to roudy it up a bit to keep up with Phil and Sasha, too bad youll be in Florida or you'll have a reason to go to a bar.. :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations! This is a big deal!

Kelsey and Andy said...

Congratulations!!! If only Andy could graduate...

Linds Forrest said...

Congrats on the graduation!!! Ok... I am so jealous he got a party at Rock Creek, you are the best wife!! It's so good to see a picture of you too, pretty as always. Have so much fun in Florida, WOOP! WOOP! Don't forget your G-string!

Barney Family Blog said...

Congrats!! Yea That is so exciting. Although I actually miss our going to school days. Not the late nigth studying and stress,I think it is just all we have know for our whole lives so I kind of miss it. I know I am crazy. However, being done with it is pretty awesome. Way to go!! Have fun in FL!!

Aly said...

Congratulations Josh!! Such a happy day. I am with you Kristen when Chris had his day last year I think I was much more excited then he was. So awesome.

Bryn said...

Yay! That really is so exciting! Good for you guys! You've been doing some fun things, you might as well milk it for all it's worth, after all, graduation doesn't come around everyday!

Jennifer said...

Wow! You guys really know how to party! Sounds fun. I'll toast to scuba and the beach...here here! so fun ;)

Lindsey said...

Congrats Josh!!! (and Kris for getting him throug). Oh, and I love the cheers thing. You guys just crack me up.

Gina said...

yeah - I found you. congratulations on graduation!

Gina said...

yeah - I found you. congratulations on graduation!

Jeffrey said...

Hey Kristen Ann....this is your old bud Jeff Leavitt. I ran into your blog looking up old buds from school and here you are! Autumn has a blog (http://www.invitethisso-calledchaos.blogspot.com/), so we can keep in touch. Hope you guys are doing well.

Larsen Family said...

Josh, congrats on your graduation! Have fun in Florida, say hi to everyone in Utah for us!

Weston, Tami, Makayla, and Evan Larsen.

www.twlarsen.blogspot.com/

Gina said...

Ok, so since I just found your blog I was reading some of the past posts. I would have to agree with you that the day we splashed in the rain on the way home from school is one of my favorite childhood memories. Along with stopping at my house on Mondays for homemade bread.

www.benandgina.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

Yeah! Here's to having extra husband AND extra money! I hope you patted yourself on the back, 'cause he couldn't have done it without you!