Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Florida










Our plane left Wednesday morning and the adventure began. We bought the tickets months ago and, at the time, the flight left at 10:45 AM. So we arrived at 9:15 and thought we had plenty of time. Well after we got through security, Marcus checked the screen and it said that our flight was closed (the departure time had moved up 45 minutes) and all of a sudden we started to hear our names being called over the intercom. So needless to say we started booking it to the gate where we found a whole plane of passengers waiting for us to gate check all our baby gear and scurry into our seats. At least the kids were good on the way there so we didn't get jumped when we arrived in Florida. We got to our resort in Daytona and it was beautiful. We went to Bubba Gumps for dinner and went swimming after. Thursday morning everybody was at the beach and Makay and I got down there the boys had decided to go para sailing..."the boys" were Josh, Marcus, and Milo. So, stupid mom that I am, says "ok" but I had to go on the boat to take pictures of the event. The boat ride out to the para sailing boat was scary enough for me and I was ready to get back to land with my 2 year old. Nobody on the boat supported me in my nervousness and soon enough Milo was soaring 1200 feet above the ocean hanging by a small rope. Seriously I was so excited to see that rope being cranked back in. I actually did it a couple of days later and, what was I thinking. Please don't call DCFS on me. Jackie and Lindsey (my cousins) came down from Georgia that night and we spent the next day at Universal studios and the kiddie rides were a little bit of a let down for Milo since he had gone para sailing the day before. He kept wanting to ride the Hulk, so we found him some scary big boy rides to go on that didn't require a height limit.
Our scuba trip got canceled for Saturday because of a current and poor visibility, so we spent our money on couples massages in the resort spa. I have been begging Josh to do that since we got married and now he is sold. I should have warned him that they usually rub your buttocks...he wasn't ready for that.
The rest of the time was spent camped out at our spot on the beach or pool, we did make it to sacrament meeting on Sunday morning and that was nice. It was a great vacation and a much needed break. Makay cried most of the way home on the plane...lets just say that the effects of the massage were quickly reversed during that 4.5 hour flight. Luckily we came home to nice weather and a clean house. Now I just have to deal with Milo's potty training set-back and the flakes in my hair from my part being sunburned every day.

6 comments:

Kelsey and Andy said...

I am so jealous! It sounds like you guys had some much needed fun after a busy semester.

The Ericksons said...

WOW WOW WOW! I am so jealous. One, because I have never been to Florida, Two, I want to para-sail, and Three because you look fantastic after just having a baby 6 months ago. I better get my butt in gear! I am glad you guys had fun!

Annie Jane said...

Markus, wow you are old!! Kristen wow you are skinny and gorgeous!
It is so great to see the family pic. What a good idea. Great to see your mom and dad in a photo. Yes Josh and Milo you guys look good too.

Jennifer said...

all those tropical pictures make me really really jealous! Looks like such a fun trip for your family. By the way you look so good. I wish I could lose my baby weight as fast as you. Way to go!

Jackie Maxfield said...

We had so much fun! We miss ya'll so much. Thanks for all the SUPER memories. Check out our blog gasilverquines.blogspot

Bethie said...

Kristen-
dang, you look hot!!! you are so skinny good job!!!!!!!!!