Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Power Up!




(Don't let this smiley baby fool you...if you want a snuggle and you are not mom, you will be met with a blood curdling scream that only a shot at the Dr office could invoke)
I made a new discovery. They sell iceberg lettuce at Costco in a 3 pack. I bought it because the grocery store lettuce has been sucking lately and it looked yummy and crisp. I don't usually buy iceberg, although I LOVE it, but I figure if i use it in place of bread/tortillas, it is a great alternative. Last night we had KILLER lettuce wraps with chicken, tons of veggies and yummy dip. Today I had a turkey pickle mustard lettuce wrap for lunch. I feel super satisfied and proud of my carb free lunch.
I have lost 5 lbs so far on WW, which isn't much in almost 7 weeks, but I am proud of every crappy ounce that I have struggled to get off of my butt. It has been a bit of a battle with nursing and trying to lose weight, but I finally figured out a balance that is working for me to be able to lose 1 lb per week. Some weeks I do really good exercising, but it seems like my whole day has to revolve around it, so other weeks when I need to accomplish something else, I am not so good.
I want to go buy some new runners, so maybe I'll be excited about getting up early when the world is frosted over to run, but my bed eats me every morning. One day the fit, motivated girl will emerge from the soft, sleepy form that is my body right now.

2 comments:

Elena said...

You have a BABY! You have months before you can deal with the whole morning exercise thing. Until then, squish those cute, squishy cheeks and don't worry how squishy yours are.;)

Van Cott Family said...

Thanks for posting those pics of your adorable Nora! It does make me want a girl, but I can get my fix, if you keep posting pictures as cute as that, through your baby!

-Julie