Christmas has been great, I am actually sad to say it's over, but I did take the tree down yesterday because I couldn't stand to play the undecorate game with Makay. Monday the fun all started. We got snowed in and shoveled all day stopping only to build a snow fort and eat lunch. Kim and Michelle came over that night and we had soup and played True Colors and a funny Christmas trivia/dare game that ended up with Kim and Greg caroling to our neighbors. Tuesday went out to dinner with Josh's parents at Los Hermonos and I ate the most fattening greasy cheese covered thing I could find.(but i did push the guac aside). Wednesday Josh was home and we made our movie for the Berry family film festival. I'll post it later because it is going to be in the Mendenhall family film festival on Jan 11 and I don't want to spoil the fun. I'll give you a hint; me and the kids were dressed up in white makeup and I am still getting breakouts from it. Wednesday night we went to my mom and dad's, watched everybody's movies, ate, opened presents and high tailed it up to the Webbers for some singing and more presents and cookies. The kids crashed on the way home after spotting rudolph in the sky. Santa worked hard that night and it proved sucessful when Milo kept saying "mom, I can't believe I got ___" "I got all the stuff I wanted" Christmas Morning we woke up at 6:30 ish, the kids loved opening their presents and then we got stuck in our driveway on the way to grandma Mendenhall's. We opened more presents, ate more food and had the annual nativity scene with Milo as the donkey and Makay as the shepherd. That night the girls were in from GA so we had another famous Schreiber white elephant party with more food and more presents. We arrived home late that night and got stuck in our driveway again...gotta love good neighbors helping us dig out. Friday we went sledding and it was so freaking cold we left early and went and got hot chocolate and pizza, later that night we met Rachael, John, Debbie, and Grandma at Applebees and missed the SUU Reunion because of a horrible bout of baby diarreah. Saturday we drove 4 hours to a wedding in Idaho Falls and turned around because of the weather. ( a decision we regret because we were almost there and the others that came back that night had great driving conditions.)But I got Cafe Rio and some new jeans out of the deal:) Sunday...we had a normal slow day that ended up with a horse face party and more true colors. Watch the internet for a horse face picture of me to be showing up...it is going to be selling for millions. Well there you have it...our terribly long Christmas Whirlwind...I doubt if even I ever read this long post again.
9 comments:
O Natal pelo jeito foi bom demais. Deu até pra ver TV. Um grande abraço , os meninos estõa lindos!!
Kristen- I feel for ya! On Friday after I got home from work, I was asked to move my car from the RV pad into teh gargage while My hubby went to the store-- I got stuck! not once, not twice, not even three times , but FOUR times!!! I ended up having to be towed out of the RV pad and all of the stupid snow by my hubby and our truck. truck tow hitch to My vehicle tow hitch-- he pulled me out backwards then proceeded to pull me three houses down -- just to be funny ( I wasn't laughing)
BTW- I drive a Jeep Cherokee, and I still got that stuck!!
stupid snow!!!!
That is a fun time for sure!! I can't believe how much you fit in! You are good at that sort of thing. The older I get, the more comfortable I feel in this slow moving skin of mine. Can't wait to see you Friday night...if it is happening...who is in charge?
Oh man! It sounds like you guys had so much fun!
I'm SO loving the film festival idea. I daresay that I am going to suggest that to our family for next year.
Way to push the guac aside!
I've been so bad this week. We went to Tucanos yesterday for lunch and I ate and ate and ate and didn't even care! Uh oh!
I'm so bummed that your friends didn't come caroling to OUR house. That would have been too funny!
OH yea the Horse Face is all over my blog and Facebook... :) I didnt even write about the ride to bobbys wedding because I got to read a GREAT book the whole way!
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. and p.s. I saw the horse pictures and they are awesome.
Well girl, my "diet-exercise-life style change" starts today. Haven't done anything about it yet. I hope I have the courage and the sense to "push the guac aside" when faced with the same issue. I'm planning on doing the Wii Fit...soon. Kelli is doing it with me so I imagine we will try to motivate each other. (So here I sit updating and reading blogs! LOL) My big goal today is to drink just a little less cherry coke...even if it's simply measured in "swallows". Here, listen "Hey, I had only 2 20 oz bottles minus 3 swallows today". Huh? Yeah! It has a ring to it doesn't it? I thought so. Good luck with your "lifestyle" changes and may God bless you with loads of will power!
Kristen, I saw your note on facebook, you're so sweet! It's so great to see you. Zack told me he saw you at Costco (yes it IS a miracle he shops for me), and he said you were looking fabulous. I want to see you next!!! :) You're boys are simply divine.
Post a Comment