Friday, December 12, 2008

Way Wicked Cool...

Freezing in the dark....
Finally to the ticket office

Finally the tickets in hand.....2.5 hours after the doors actually opened

So this morning Erica get up at 5:30 AM to high tail it down town...or should I say up town, to buy tickets for the upcoming showing of Wicked. They went on sale at 7:00 AM and needless to say we could have been there 10 hours earlier. We waited in line for 5+ hours. Luckily when we got there we found our good friend Liz, and made some new friends as a result. There are a lot of things you can talk about when you are freezing your butt off in the frigid December Utah temps. We covered topics like Brain Cancer, Children, money, shoes, traveling, Broadway, Twilight, what kind of seats we wanted for the show(which ended up being irrelevant since you get what you get and you don't throw a fit), we made a pact, lunch plans, jogged 1/2 mile together, stood in 3 separate lines (which was a good thing there were so many of us together so we could split up and find the shortest line),we even bought hot chocolate together. Luckily we had cha-cha to solve any discrepancies that arose during our discussion like, how many seats does Capitol Theatre hold and is Amy Adams really Mormon? Seriously, it was crazy and a fun way to spend a Friday morning. Next time Wicked comes into town, I'll just show up at Abravanelle hall and buy tickets at 8:30 AM. On second thought, hopefully next time we remember to get them on mom's season ticket early bird pass.

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

Kristen, you crack me up! You must have run home and found our blog, commented and made your own post before getting in the tub to "thaw out" and "warm up".

It must have been pretty fun because the 5 1/2 hours we spent we fairly fast, all things considered. Also, Candice had a great birthday! She thought it was quite an adventure. Kelli and I bought her a really cute silver chain with a "C" to commemorate her BIG day. She said it was fun meeting all of you as well.

Thanks for checking out my pics of Babette. I told you I took over 300 photos at Farmington Pond. She really was a beauty.

I'll check back to your blog. Your kids look darling. Make sure to check out the posts about GOATS (I think it's funny anyway)

Take care.

PS--hope you enjoy this comment, I know how you love them! :)

Kristy said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! **sigh** One of these days I'll get to see it.

Enjoy you lucky duck.

Aly said...

Hey did you cut your hair? so cute if you did. How fun that you found Lizzie in line. Love her! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas. Love you

Heidi Berry said...

Thanks again you guys! You are all awesome!

Steve & Becky said...

I am so jealous!! That would be so fun to see!