I drive through other neighborhoods in other cities and I see many people enjoying the cold winter outdoors.
Other cities must have a bare pavement policy for the citizens to safely enjoy running, walking, and biking outdoors. I am insanely jealous each time I see skinny people out running. My street is so bad that small cars are stuck in the banks of snow, on the road, on a daily basis. The guys in the neighboor have an unofficial program to help dig out the helpless 2-wheel-drive car owners out of the banks and safely back onto the 3 inch sheet of ice that covers our road. Needless to say my workout schedule has suffered major damage this winter and I really need exercise to keep me out of a bad mood, especially during the long dreary winter. This is one more reason that I want to get out of this quaint little town. It drives me crazy. It's a good thing that I have such awesome neighbors and friends here, that it is going to take a little more than a bad snow plow policy to get us out. For all you interested, I have added the snow plow policy that was on the City Website.
1st priority will be collector streets which make up a basic network for the higher volume traffic. In addition, streets serving schools, municipal buildings, and selected streets on steep grades are included.
2nd priorities are the main secondary routes through the subdivisions connecting to the collector streets.
3rd priority will be remaining city streets and unpaved roadways.
Given the other many duties of the Public Works Department, it is not the position of the City to maintain a bare pavement policy on every street after every snowstorm.
7 comments:
that is how it was in Eagle Mountain! I hated it!!!
I am sorry about the lack of enthusiasm they have for THEIR jobs. plowing the roads is what they get paid for, and that is how they make their bill payments!
Have you talked to the city? I am sure that if you and a lot of other annoyed people didn't make your payments and/or just wrote PLOW MY ROAD AND I WILL PAY YOU,they would take notice- but most likely they would just charge you all HUGE late fees.
dumb city:(
Yeah- people are always getting stuck in our cul-de-sac. I looked up the policy just this morning because our cul-de-sac is never plowed even days after a storm when there is still 4 inches of snow on the ground!
Under no circumstance are you ever allowed to leave!
I hear ya on the roads. Do you just love that they came out today and decided to dump all of the snow RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!?!?!?!
At least the kids had fun climbing on the 10' pile of crud!
I really, REALLY miss running. I went out for about 4 miles last Sat. and it felt gooooooooooooood. Hoping to go out again on Sat. out by the bridge. It wasn't so bad there. Then again, that is on the Lehi side of life so maybe they have managed to pull their heads outta their behinds!
Wow! It does suck. Sorry, maybe you should come live here. Maybe I should be running outside, now there's a thought!
I'm really ticked about this too!
Jennifer's Policy:
1st PRIORITY- Go shopping with all my extra money from not paying my taxes this year.
2nd PRIORITY- call and bug the city every hour after a snow storm until they get their good for nothing booties out and plow my street!
Given my many other duties as a mother it is not my position to maintain a current tax policy since the CITY is clearly screwing me!!
I talked to a police officer a few months ago at a neighborhood watch meeting. He said that the city budget is in such bad shape that they had to make some huge cuts in snow removal. They are blaming it on fewer construction permit but I know there are a lot of other factors. I freakin' hate the snow. But I love the city. Why are you dissin on my city?
I gripe about Fernley, but I must give my city of habitation a pat on the back for giving us 55-65 degree weather this week! We have just had to wear sweaters outside! It is incredible!
Post a Comment