Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh!!!


The Big 27. We're that much closer to 30. Most people don't want to be 30, but we're both excited about it...mostly for financial reasons, that we won't be in school anymore and we'll have learned from our mistakes from our 20's and hopefully be a little better off. A few months ago, my dad told me that we needed to get working on a bike for Josh for his birthday, so I figured a way to scrounge up some money, and my dad paid the other half. So when he got to work this morning, there was a brand new road bike waiting for him in his office. I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about it. When he left, it seemed like it took forever for him to get to work and call me when he saw his fancy new wheels waiting for him. I could say that this bike is nicer than the car he drives. (which he won't claim as his) He was so excited and said that he didn't see it coming at all. I love birthday's. They are so fun, even when they aren't your own. (too bad I couldn't find a picture of just josh....Looks like I need to work on that)

9 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Hope the whether allows use of your new bike soon!

What a great wife you are Kristen!!!
I'm with you and look forward to being 30. It seems exciting to be getting on with real adult life, I still sometimes feel like I am playing house.
--julie

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Kristin you are so awesome for doing that for him. I love thoughtful gifts. I'm pretty sure you guys were in 5th or 6h grade when I graduated from highschool! You spring chickens you ;) Gosh I'm old!

Bryn said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! Please, please, please don't tell my husband what you gave Josh for his birthday. I am constantly hearing about how we Need a street bike, umm no, we don't, we need a finished basement. Anyway, you really are a good wife.

Also, I was on my way to Wal-Mart and was wondering if you wanted to come.

Elena said...

Happy Birthday Josh! What a great gift. So thoughtful.
As for your 30's, it's really not as bad as you think. Just like your 20's but with more money and more respect - and a bit of a tummy pooch.

Annie Jane said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Kelsey and Andy said...

How fun! You must be the best wife in the world!

Anonymous said...

I love surprises like that. It makes it so much sweeter than if you were to be handed everything you ever wanted on a silver platter. So fun. Now we just have to plan a trip so he can use it. Is it a street bike for Triathalon's or another mountain bike? The big 27. I thought we were the same age. I've got him by a year. I could be 28 forever. I really think it's the perfect age. Anyway--happy birthday Josh.

Barney Family Blog said...

Surprises are fun! I have a hard time surprising Tyler,he alsways figures me out!
Reading your blog is so fun, it reminds me all the reasons I thought you were so fun to hang out with in college. You just have some spunk! i love it!

The Ericksons said...

I love that you surprised him. I am one hard person to surprise, yet I love when I am! That picture of you three is very cute...must be California?! I am glad you all are doing well!