Saturday, February 23, 2008

When you wish upon a star...


Magically, last Saturday I woke up wishing for two things. First I wished the sun would come out, and second I wished that a check would come in the mail so we could go to Boondocks with Erica and Tony because it didn't fit into our budget. So the only way to work it out was to come up with some money that hadn't been pre allocated. Well, I got both of my wishes. The sun came out and we went to the park and I got a check in the mail from the insurance company because we overpaid on our baby bills. Needless to say, we had a slammin' time at Boondocks with a winning of 1300 tickets and some yummy dinner at the Boondocks Restaurant. Today I wished the sun would come out again, and it did. I also wished I could go to New York with an unlimited budget for shopping...I still have 3 more hours, I'll let you know how that goes.

15 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

Hey pass a little of that over this way! All I want is a phat house, with a pool, 5 bedrooms, 3 baths and granite counter tops, under $220K - close to Mesa. Is that too much to ask? Wish me luck the house hunt is taking longer then I thought it would!
--Julie

Linds Forrest said...

I love the way your mind works!! :) Congrats on such a fun Saturday, that is so awesome!!

The Ericksons said...

That is so funny! I wish for a house, a new car, and that Chad would be done with dental school. I guess mine takes a few years! I am glad you are doing well!

Ashley said...

I like it when wishes come true. Good story, my friend! (Now do some wishing for me, ok?)

Kelsey and Andy said...

Some people have all the luck- anyway- I am tagging you- go to my blog and check it out- follow the instructions.

Jennifer said...

Lucky girl!! At least I got to enjoy some of your lucky SUN. Save some of your luck for St. Patricks day...you'll for sure get the NYC trip ;)

Elena said...

Just had to comment on the comment you left me the other day about your liking cancer books. It made me laugh because I remember preferring the tragic ones, too. Girls going blind, cancer and anything else that I could read over and over again and cry. Congrats on the found money! Next time I've got a few wishes to send your way.

Bryn said...

You've been watching "The Secret" haven't you! Keep on wishing, if it's working for you! Do you mind wishing for weather that is closer to the 80's, and for Macy to be potty trained? Thanks, I'll be waiting.

Annie Jane said...

oh i love that story! thanks so much for sharing it!!! what a wonderful world we live in sometimes. I am so glad you got to go. Livin it up at Boondocks, ooh yeah!

Barney Family Blog said...

Lucky!!!! Can you make other poeple's wishes come true because I really liked that picture of disneyland on your blog. So a check in the mail that could send me and my fam to disneyland would be great. Hey and if you do grant my wish you can come along!!!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

OK, I love reading your posts. They make me laugh so much! Thanks for cheering up my day. Also, if you paranoid about natural disasters, DO NOT read "Alas, Babylon". You'll be buying coffee and salt to barter with. :)

Heidi Berry said...

I think Patrick Dempsey can turn anybody's day right around. :)

Aly said...

This post made me smile. So cute. I know I miss you too. We should all plan a play date soon.

Anonymous said...

Love your posts and the way they make me laugh. Hope things are going well and those little boys are keeping you happy because the weather is nothing to dance about. I take that back, atleast the sun is shinning. I'll take that any day over the gloom. Glad you got all your wishes to come true!!

Kim said...

I will grant another wish for you...Lets get our moms to babysit at the end of next week or the following week. I really need a few hours at the spa, And I owe you a few hours also. How about Thursday or Monday.