Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sick Day


I am sacrificing my house, because of a pathetic blog obsession. I have a 2.5 year old and a 3 year old helping themselves to just about anything they want. Right now, I can hear them taking decorations off of my Christmas tree and playing with them like they are toys. Oh well. I am tired of being the big bad witch, so I am going to keep my mouth shut and let them have some fun. Besides they are getting along so well. They had a sleepover last night and went to bed at 11:30...rise and shine.... at 7:30 this morning they were rearing to go again. They helped themselves to marshmallows for breakfast and there were bagel remnants all over the house so i am guessing they had some of those too. Meanwhile I was laying in my warm bed wishing I could call in sick.....Every mom needs a sick day once in her life....I need to get the number to call....I seem to have misplaced it when Milo was born. This is supposed to be my cleaning day. But.....I am wasting too much time at the stupid computer. Needless to say the only thing that has been cleaned today is my hair and I am at least proud of that. Well I guess I'll start tackling that mountain of laundry that is creeping down the hall...wish me luck!
P.S. If any of you need a sick day, you are more than welcome to call my number in case you have lost yours too. I'd be happy to grant that to you, and If i'm home, I'll even take your kiddies for you, and make your hungry husband dinner so he doesn't have to eat macaroni and cheese with green beans after a long day at work.

12 comments:

Aly said...

When I read this I immediately stopped blogging and went and cleaned for 2 hours. I am with ya on the obsession, but it's too fun. I was thinking about wanting a sick day this week. It's like you read my mind. Great post!!!

Jennifer said...

You're funny and AMEN to the sick day. Seriously, even when we are "for real" sick we still don't get a break. You better be careful offering the sick day babysitting service. You might get a lot phone calls :)

Elena said...

I miss sick days! Remember when you could stay in bed all day and not have anyone bother you - unless you asked? No wonder Garrett likes to fake it.

The Ericksons said...

Ok so you are so funny! I really woke up this morning feeling like I was hit by a truck...sick with a cold and I turned to Chad and said "Can I call in sick today?" I understand, and I only have one kid! At least Chad is on break for a month, so I can get a little break! Call us when you want to hang out and have fun in St. George!

Linds Forrest said...

You are so cute! Your boys sound darling and you crack me up. Especially the one about cracked toe nailpolish. That is my husbands biggest pet peeve. So I can sympathize with you cause it's rubbing off on me!

Elizabeth said...

I don't have kids...but does your offer still stand?...I would totally let you cook me dinner, Kristen.

Kristen said...

Ok, Aly and Lizzie, when do you want your sick days? The real reason that I offer is because I figure that the only way I can get a sick day is if somebody owes me one, and the only way somebody can owe me one, is if I give them one first. I should have been a Sioux Indian in 1850. What am I doing in 2007?

Bryn said...

So the truth comes out! Your not really offering out of the goodness in your heart, it's all for the payback in the long run! Well I would have to say it's worth it! Every mom deserves a sick day! I've had this very thought many times before. I'm happy to take Milo, and little Edward anytime so you can take a sick day.

Linds Forrest said...

Ok, so seriously I was waiting in line with the Mom's that wanted them for their little kids. And some Mom's got them! I am justified in waiting and buying one for myself. At least I am not buying them to sell them; Now don't get me started on that one! :)

Annie Jane said...

i am glad i am not the only one who wishes for sick days! Hey Josh, Danny is going nuts the past few weeks with the corel paint program. nuts.

Tony and Erica said...

So does that mean I owe you a sick day.. Thats one of my monkeys that was playing on your Christmas tree.. Bring em over.. even Makay! You can have a nap and then we'll trade again. My sick day consists of staying in sweats and not getting my boys ready, thats my sick day.. oh yes that is us today

Heidi Berry said...

I'll let you give me a sick day too. What a fabulous idea. Do you think that could include cleaning my house as well as making dinner for us too? Oh wait- you came and fed and watched my children not too long ago. So it is my turn. I'll take your kiddies whenever you would like.