Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween






This is Halloween. Milo refused to wear a theme costume that matched the family, and he wanted to be something scary. So a here is my orange haired punk zombie.  Makay wanted to be Batman, not knowing we had this amazing costume in our storage.  His eyes glowed with delight when we brought it out of hiding. Nora is a butterfly I figured she is still a little young for anything too complex, so we stuck with the simple butterfly for this year.
I pre-made all of the dinner and breakfast the night before, so I wouldn't be stuck in the kitchen all day cooking and cleaning.  Orange whole-wheat pancakes for breakfast, and an appetizer sampler for dinner. The kids loved the Halloween cutout cheese for their crackers. Milo told me that they were "cute." I am glad they appreciate the effort. I drove all the way to Sandy to get those mini cookie cutters.  We went to the parade at Milo's school, trick or treated at Property Solutions and finished up the night around the neighborhood. Our boys made it through more than half the ward, while Nora and I came back for a diaper change and quick bath. She fell asleep in the stroller, and when I was laying her in her bed she woke up, looked around and screamed "OUTSIDE!" apparently she wasn't ready to come in.
Do you love our orange kitchen table? I know it is quite the eye sore, but it was $125 at Kmart when we first got married, and our kids still stab forks in it and color on it, so it's got to be part of our decor for just a little longer. I am hoping that next year we can overhaul our upstairs and make it more stylish. Right now it's just a hodge podge of hand me downs, overwhelmed with an outdated paint color, and splashed with olive green corduroy couches topped with the most hideous but comfortable throw pillows you could imagine.  And maybe next year Milo will let us cut his hair so he doesn't look like his llama friend anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Llama Schmama he is just a handsome young man hair and all. Great halloween costumes! thanks for sharing.