Today was similar to November 4, 2010. I sat out on the porch in the warm sun and couldn't help but remember this day 2 years ago. Nora It was a warm Thursday morning when we checked into the hospital and I remember being glad that she was coming on such a beautiful day. My nurse was named Cody and she made the day so fun. We spent the time chatting about all the crazy moms that must come through these doors, all the while assuming that I didn't fall into that category. Hopefully my assumption was correct, but you never know. The whole experience was beautiful and painless. I remember the worst part of the whole day was that I didn't have enough pillows to support my heavy awkward body. Nora came and I just held her while the nurses desserted me for an somebody with spiking blood pressure next door. One came to check on me about an hour later and I asked her if I should be feeding her. She laughed, since I already had 2 kids, they assumed I knew what to do with a newborn. I remember Nora eating FOREVER, it seemed like about an hour when they finally came and sent us to our other room. We had tons of family come visit us and it was good to see everybody. Grandma Jensen was even in town so she got to hold her in the hospital. I also remember eating a ton of food. It was so nice to finally be able to eat after 39 weeks of nausea.
Every year I make my kids birthday cakes. Even the Rassavongs have been making requests for their birthdays. I usually do chocolate with chocolate filling and chocolate fudge frosting. But this birthday I thought I'd branch out and try something new, Rainbow cake with Swiss Lemon Merengue Buttercream frosting. It was a workout, but I love a good baking project so I figured since it took 3 days, I'd double up and make a Nora/Makay cake. Makay was also so excited, his birthday is on Wednesday so this is a little teaser party for him. I think he loves it because it makes his birthday drag out for several days.
We took the kids swimming for Nora's birthday. Anthony got baptized yesterday and after he came out of the water Nora said, "Mommy, I go swimming?" I thought it was a great idea so we went swimming last night. Today is a Sunday so we had to get up and get ready for church, and Nora was so grumpy when she woke up. The boys were trying to make her open her presents and all she wanted was her chocolate milk and to be left alone. They forced her through a couple, and then it clicked. She realized it was her special day. She was so excited and grabbed the other gifts and carried them over to the rug so she could really dig in. She was even singing the birthday song that I have been singing all day. We had dinner with family and followed up with cake and a dance party since Nora LOVES dancing. All the cousins rocked out in the basement. And I danced too, but the boys get so embarrassed. So I sat down. I'll save my dancing for Nora and I in the kitchen. It is one of her favorite things to do. And we like the music loud so it's fun when it's just the two of us because nobody can complain about the volume or be embarrassed to see their mom dancing. Happy Birthday Nora!!! We love you so much. You bring us all together with your funny personality, your sweet kisses, and your cute words. Our family has changed for the better since you have been in our home.








2 comments:
Kristen Thanks for keeping the blog up and current it makes Kathmandu much more tolerable. Nora is about the cutest thing around and you are indeed very blessed to have her!
That little girl is so dang cute! Happy birthday, Nora!
Post a Comment