Thursday, July 23, 2009

My style...or lack thereof

So I have always been on the more casual side of style, if you can call what I have "style" I have my daily uniform on jeans/capris/shorts and a cap sleeve t shirt. Every once in a while I'll wear something that had to be ironed. I like comfy shoes, if they hurt, I won't wear them. My footwear is the area that is most lacking in style. I like flip flops, sneakers, and I have some clogs with a heel, they are comfy but since they don't have a rubber bottom...I don't usually choose them. Anyway I have always liked expensive shoes, but I pay for comfort, not necessarily style. I used to always have birkenstocks. They were out of style for years and I for sure thought that they would never be back in style again. I had a barely used pair in my basement for years and I kept them around hoping that one day I would be able to wear them and not look like I was from 1992. Well a few months ago, I sent them to the D.I. I figured they weren't coming back soon and I have had them forever, so according to my D.I. qualifications...they had to go. I am so freaking mad! $120 shoes that are all over the sunday ads and in stores again, I threw out like the weekly trash. For a second I was hoping that they were still down there, but I checked the box and the only thing left are my old Fry Cowgirl boots, josh's rope sandals from HS and some other cowboy boots that I don't know where they came from. BUMMER! For all those of you hanging on to stone washed colored jeans, they are back in style but I still don't think it is appropriate to be sporting those things.

4 comments:

TLJ said...

hi kristen, this is tam:) i hate when i get rid of things and then months or weeks later i'm so mad that i didn't keep it! like the poloroid that i got in high school and didn't realize that i would love to have it now. anyways, sorry about your shoes:) it was fun to see you in utah. love your blog.

Elena said...

Words I live by works for styles, too. What is right isn't always popular and what is popular isn't always right. I'm glad you got rid of the Birks. They were never right. And just because they are back now, doesn't mean we should go get some. Just let it pass just like the colored jeans (which I'm proud to say I always despised, too.)

The Ericksons said...

This is Chad. I'm sad to hear that you got rid of Josh's rope sandals, I still have mine. There is even a guy in our ward who has a pair. I always get a lot of complements on them when I wear them.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling your pain. Most comfortable shoes on the planet but couldn't pull them off without my girbaud jeans and wool socks. There are so many happy girls at the DI because I gave up loved shoes that I would pay big money to have back now. I just ordered some shoes that look just like some I took to the DI about three years ago. How ARE you, BTW? We miss you guys. One day we'll get a hot tub from Josh and have you guys up. Until then we should still have you guys up. I came back so you can catch up before we hook up. Missed you!!