Marcus came with me at the last minute...and to be honest I really had no idea what i was getting myself into. He has the tendency to get the grumpies...and I was worried that I would have to drag him along the whole time. To my pleasant suprise, he didn't complain once and he even had to wait for me a few times. I loved it and had a total blast. One of my favorite things about it all, is that after it is all over, I get flashbacks of the race in my mind, and I can see it all over again with out the pain in my legs this time. The downhill was much more than I had bargained for. During the race I was fine, but I haven't been able to walk for 2 days. I love running, it is my happy place, even when it hurts. Now I am going to focus on losing 10+ more lbs so it is a little easier on my legs and joints, and cut out the long runs until I get rid of all that extra booty.
5:00 AM Alarm goes off. 5:30 AM I wen't outside to see if we could find a ride so we didn't have to wake up the kids. 6:00 AM Starting Gun fires
Mile 1: 9.03/mile Flat taking it easy
Mile 2 7.10/mile 8% grade downhill....I could have run faster, but I didn't want to over do it
Mile 3 8.44/mile Not as steep, still plugging along. Only 10 more miles. People passing us left and right, there are some serious runners out here.
Mile 4 8.16/mile It is becoming a blur, I am just enjoying the scenery. The sun was rising over the Bryce Canyon cliffs and you could see the silouettes of the trees along the ridge of the mountain.
Mile 5 7.44/mile Finding our pace. Too bad we can't keep this up for long.
Mile 6 7.46/mile I really don't remember too much about this point...loving it!
Mile 7 8.54/mile This is more like it. I keep stopping at the water stations too long. I need to stretch my hip
Mile 8 8.35/mile. Mile 8 is my favorite mile. You have a good chunk of the race done, and you can start looking forward to the finish line. It's kind of like being 30 weeks pregnant.
Mile 9 9.13/mile This must have been when we started going uphill and Marcus had to take a potty break
Mile 10 8.37/mile Only 3 more miles left
Mile 11 9.07/mile Hi Julianne...again! How fun to find friends on the trail. Just past the rock castle on the right, we can see the end
Mile 12 9.20/mile I am dying...
Mile 13 7.39/mile Marcus tried to stop and walk...yea right, I told him he can't walk and he sprinted off and beat me by about 30 secs.
I only had stomach cramps for about 30 minutes instead of all day. We went back to the hotel, swam, and drove home.
6 comments:
WAY TO GO!!! Sounds like such an awesome race. You are so inpsiring with your great attitude and you are such a strong and FAST runner! HOORAY!! WAY TO GO!
I am so proud of you. Such a great accomplishment.
That awesome! and it unless your "little" bro is standing up hill from you in the pic he is tall. Next year count me in.
--Julie
Okay, you are awesome, Kris!!! I think we will meet to run some place next year!
And umm, I loved your 8 mile mark comment...you know, kind of like being 30 weeks pregnant...random! LOVED it!
And you saw Julie!! Again! Haha!
Looks like you and Marcus killed it.
Way to go, you're hot!
Wow, Kristen! You have become quite the runner. Good for you!
That is so awesome...good job, looks like we have a junkie on our hands. You look super awesome btw.
Post a Comment