Friday, April 17, 2009

Giraffe's are not allowed in the theatre










We finally got to see the long awaited Wicked last night. Now I can definitely tell the obsession that people have with this production. The Music was phenomenal, the costumes were from another time, each one had so much detail, the stage was lifelike (I had to remind myself it was fake when it was raining) Elpheba was all I expected and more. I loved Galinda/Glinda...there are parallels to my other favorite production Aida, Glinda/Amneris are cute, vain and funny. The lead male has the same beautiful tenor part and they both fall in love unexpectedly. WOW!!! I cried when she flew, mostly because I was so happy/grateful that we could be there to be part of such a cool thing. These are the days that make life wonderful! The only bad part is that we sat behind a giraffe and the usher fell asleep and was snoring behind us... I don't know how that happened. We sat in this directors box at the back of the theatre because all of the seats were sold out after we stood in line for 5 hours. Our choices were the directors box, Sunday, or single seats scattered about the theatre. We went to Olive Garden before it started and I got to pick up my race packet at the Salt Palace...what a fun downtown experience! I wish we could do that more often! I am so sad that it is all over. Abram came and it was fun to see him watch the show. He didn't budge an inch. And sometimes I would lean over and poke him and he'd smile but not take his eyes off the stage. Abram loves the Wizard of Oz and witches and has for as long as I can remember. Now I am also a lover of witches....I'll ride around on a broom anytime with you Avi. Dorothy made a small appearance and I am sure he's the one in the theatre that appreciated it the most.





3 comments:

Aly said...

Such cute pictures!! I am so glad that you loved it! I really want to see it, I don't know a whole lot about it, but it sounds very intriguing! i am glad you guys had so much fun!!

walkntalk said...

I had so much fun with you guys. I LOVED the story. It is definatly a repeat. I'm glad all my kids have an appreciation for the theatre. It is an amazing experience to be able to feel with the actors. I give their performance an A+++++++++++++....Can you guess I liked it? P.S. Happy birthday to my 15 year old caboose.

Elena said...

Jealous