Using the rest of the energy I had to pick up a little speed to cross the finish line
Saturday April 18
4:40 AM: Wake UP
5:00 Eat Egg Sandwich
5:00 Eat Egg Sandwich
5:10 Off to pick up Annie
6:15 Board Train to the U of U
7:00 AM Race Begins to sound of some gospel choir on the Legacy Bridge
Mile 1. 9.24 minute/mile Couldn't really get going it was too crowded. We jogged at a steady pace, and watched and listened to the foot steps all around you
Mile 2.We were passing up all sorts of people running including a reggae band on the sidewalk then.....Potty Break 3 hour minute/mile
Mile 3. 7.24 minute/mile We were booking!!!!! It felt so good.
Mile 4. 8.27 minute/mile saw Julianne Smith...a dear old friend:)
Mile 5. 9.30 minute/mile first uphill...not too bad
Mile 6. 8.50 minute/mile...gotta love the Gatorade at the aid stations and some guy was cooking bacon in his front yard for the runners...no thanks!
Mile 6. 8.50 minute/mile...gotta love the Gatorade at the aid stations and some guy was cooking bacon in his front yard for the runners...no thanks!
Mile 7. 8.42 Minute/mile Hi to Jill and Lonny Jacobs at Movies 10 in Sugarhouse. We loved sugarhouse. It was so beautiful.
Mile 8. 8.29 minute/mile Early onset of the dreaded toe blisters. Legs getting sore. Power bar in my pocket doesn't give much aid to my lack of energy. Every time I looked at Annie she looks like she is going for a stroll around the block...she was awesome!
Mile 9 9.15 minute/mile Stopped and stretched at Liberty Park, the blisters are in full burning effect so my feet have been running crooked resulting major pain in hips and knees
Mile 10 9.15 minute/mile Using muscles that I didn't know I had, the sun was beating down on our backs. Annie still enjoying her jog and the scenery
Mile 11 9.37 minute/mile. Blisters...what blisters....
Mile 12 10.30 minute/mile "This hill SUCKS!" up 200 East to South Temple
Mile13.1 9.22 minute/mile. Pretty good for wanting to throw up and having no juice left in my legs.
I love Annie and I am so glad she came to do this with me, even though she did make me have a 5 minute potty break, it wouldn't be the same with out her! Memories for a lifetime Part II.
16 comments:
Congrats on your run- I would have never made it- you are truly a superwoman!
Wow! What an awesome accomplishment! I look up to people like you.
Seriously so proud of you. That's dang awesome. And those blisters. Wow. Good for you.
Way to go!! That is awesome! I asked Josh about it this morning in the foyer. What a great time too! You rule and you look fantastic!
i was glad I got to be at your finish line. Good job sis.. Maybe one of these days I can be out there with you... Annie was darling and I was glad to see her again. I have so more pics for you too :)
ps-- no soccer email at all on either.
Way to go girl!! My Mom said you looked awesome and strong! Your time is AWESOME!!! We're thinking of doing a big 'Run Forrest Run' team for next years... you in?!! P.S. I believe there is a discount code for this years runner for next years race. Congrats! You kicked butt!
Congrats, that is amazing! You guys were flying=)
Hi, more way to go, and: atta girl!
But how was it really? should I attempt it? will you do another?
--Julie
wow!!! you too look super hot:)
I think you are both crazy but I am jealous that you too can actually do it.
I hope the blisters go away soon they look very sad and painful:(
YAY!!! That is awesome...you are going to want more...it's addictive! Congrats that is a huge accomplishment!
Wahoo! Great to see these pics. Loved them. We did great. Until our next adventure, right?
Good job! One of these days I want to run one with you.
Sis, I'm so proud of you. You failed to mention after your run you baked a Martha Stewart like cake for you little bros. birthday. at 10:30 p.m. going to the store twice for ingredients. You are awesome. What a superwoman.
Good for you! That just does not sound too fun! I am glad you accomplished it though! Nice!
Looks like life is great for you! What an accomplishment to finish a race like that! Looks like a lot of "fun". Good for you!!
Way to go! That was awesome!
Post a Comment