Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Note....

I cleaned out my basement a while ago and I found a box of notes and a journal that Kim and I shared in High School...amongst those things one of the notes was from Kim and we had just had a fight ( I think) and she was writing the things that she liked about me the most. It is funny how a teenage girl can have such impeccable insight on another teenage girl, but one of the things that she wrote was "You know who you are, even though where you are going is usually decided at the last minute" That statement pretty much sums me up to a tee. That is what most of my marital arguments are about. Josh doesn't like how I " fly by the seat of my pants." Maybe I should have let Kim give him some lessons before we got engaged so he would know what he was getting into. She also told me that she likes that I am "different, but not nerd different" LOL! Thanks Kimmy for the insight! Good luck with the new baby and I am excited to meet her!

3 comments:

Aly said...

That is too funny! I think I have every note I have received! I am sure I have so many from you!! That is too funny that she wrote that, I love it! I am sooo excited about soccer!!!

Annie Jane said...

HiLArIouS! I wrote that word that way in honor of high school note writing. You know, Kim is insightful, that is for sure. And she is right! I am always surprised a bit when I see that I and my friends were actually pretty smart in high school...I often just look back and think of what an idiot I was in high school, but probably the real reason I think I was an idiot is because back then I wasted so much time being SURE that I was an idiot when really I was okay! Does that make sense?
Well here we are years later here I am with (sigh) confidence...and a husband! And so I am not worrying about myself like I did back then, but I guess now I am worrying about my husband being the idiot! ABSOLUTELY ironic!...and terrible, too. Yikes I gotta keep working on that. It must be some kind of trend. In ten years I will start to worry that my kids are idiots, too.

Tony and Erica said...

I know anther entry in that Journal was about me almost killing you? Am I not right?