Today is Josh's 28 birthday. I made this fabulous cake, which is a tradition that I am going to continue. Slaving in the Kitchen for 3-4 hours baking, cutting, frosting...it is really quite exhilarating. We are going to my mom's tonight and she is making him Rouladen which is described by Josh as Pickles wrapped with a roast. It is a favorite German dish of ours. He got a bag of clothes that he already opened on Friday so the cake is going to be the highlight of the party for sure. He keeps trying to cut into it...I feel like Marie Baron keeping him away from it. I must say...my mouth waters thinking about how good it is going to be. It has a chocolate creamy filling with chocolate shavings on the top, served with raspberry sauce and ice cream. Happy Birthday Babe!!!
11 comments:
Woweee girl! You are a regular Martha Stewart! Funny...I've never heard of that German dish. Your family must definitely be Northern Germany cuisine makers cause that is an entirely different ball game than we ever experienced.
Anyhow, the cake is LOVELY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!
(I seriously can't believe how young you guys are!)
Nice work on the cake! My mouth is totally watering...thanks. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!
Can I have some? The raspberry sauce is what's going to take it over the edge. Yum. Happy Birthday Baby Josh. Did I just call him a baby?
That cake looks oh so fabulous!!! Great job! Happy Birthday Josh!
YUM. It looks delicious. I love that kind of cake. That is what I will make for Danny, too. I make him some sort of choc. german cake every year.
Happy birthday, Josh!
It was a good cake, Ill say so, I wish I could of had more. But then I dont.
Yum! Feel free to bring over chocolate cake to my house anytime. Happy Birthday to Josh!
Look at you making yummy cakes. It looks store bought, your a pro Good Job!
Happy Birthday Josh.
Ooh, la la! That's a fancy cake! Nice work. Happy Birthday to Josh!
That looks fabulous! I impressed! Hope that Josh had a fabulous birthday! We love you guys!
I am so impressed with your cake! I made a german chocolate cake for Taylor's birthday and it did not look as nice as yours...not by a long shot.
Post a Comment