Thursday, January 8, 2009

Annie..You'll appreciate this one


So I just made a batch of choco chip cookies (against my better judgement, the little devil/angel were on my shoulders both hard at work) and luckily they didn't turn out very good. I tried egg whites instead of whole eggs, and it totally botched them up. They got all melty and gooey. However, they did have the classic butter/sugar/chocolate taste I was going for. Well Milo wouldn't have anything to do with them because they didn't "look" very good. So they are in the trash. For all you non-Willowbrook readers, I did that once in college and Annie my lovely roomie, took them out of the trash and put them in a bag with her name on them...you gotta love the tree hugger in that sweet darling Annie:) This is a picture of us last weekend. We still love getting together and luckily our husbands do too.

3 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Photoshop me in then I won't feel left out! ;) Did you make those cookies when I lived there? You always were creative in the kitchen!

Annie Jane said...

Yes, I do appreciate that one! Definitely! But I must brag about one thing...Today, though I am still a bit of a tree hugger and saver, I throw out crappy food gladly!
You see, it all started last year when I realized how empowering it was to throw away a box of sugar babies after only eating a few. I satisfied my craving then was done with the nutrition-nasty, addicting, rot-my-teeth food! The box of candy did not own me, and I wasn't obligated to finish it simply because I had bought it for 98 cents from a big Wal-mart Candy bin!
Since then, I have thrown away a lot of food, cookies included. You would have been very proud of me at Christmas! I would get a plate of cookies from a friend, close the door, take a bite, and trash the rest!
...Hopefully, I can keep this up!!

T.Bailey said...

Miss you all