Sunday, June 8, 2008

Snowie Season has Arrived!


We had our Grand Opening this weekend at the Pony Express days in Eagle Mountain. and it was fun to finally get things going. We were supposed to open last week, but the ice guy drove off with our power tangled in his truck somehow and he yanked the power box off the building which busted the window and started all sorts of other issues. He was kind enough to get it repaired for us, but we had to wait to get it opened. Then Ernie the inspector wanted us to change all the outlets to be GFI protected which was more time than expected, but after Josh spent till 2:00 AM rewiring the whole dang thing, we are finally up and rolling. Last night we got the Snowie into the Triple Threat concert at Pony Express, and even though it was 55 degrees, we still did pretty good. Plus it was fun to be making money at one of those events and not spending it like usual. It was a cool experience, I love summer!
Yesterday was a good day altogether. It was the first Saturday I can remember since we have been married that Josh was off on a Saturday and we just got to spend time at home. He takes Saturdays off occasionally for vacations, but it's not the same. It was as nice as I have always pictured it being. Plus I finally hit my 16 lb goal at Weight Watchers. The first 12 pounds came off pretty quick, and the last 4 was a killer. But I am back in the game now, so I might try for 20. But if I don't make it that's OK, I am pretty happy with my 16.4. I still need to do some serious ab work. They are definitely not acceptable and cause some wardrobe issues. Things are good here...the grey cloud that has been looming for the last few weeks has blown past (now that the Snowie is rolling, what a pain in the butt)
If anybody wants to move in our backyard circle, there are two houses for sale. A 3828 sq ft. one for 379,000 and a 2700 sq foot one for 269,000. They are both super nice and I would love to have some friends move in by us.
Also...if anybody needs Graphic Design work done by Josh, he is looking for either a full time job, (paying at least half a million a year, but that's negotiable) or free lance work. Call us!

11 comments:

Elena said...

Congrats on your Snowie success. And, you got to see the Triple Threat concert for free, I bet. I love Little Texas. Also, congrats on 16.4 pounds! Really, that's a 7 month old child that you lost off of your body. I'm very impressed. And, if you don't lose one more ounce, you look awesome!

Camille said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That's pretty awesome! Sounds like the Snowie business is off to a good start this year. Good luck with that. Plus... I understand the 2700 sq ft home near yours is a beauty. :) Seriously, though, I hope some nice people move into it and they'll feel right at home in the cul-de-sac.

Eugie said...

You're Kidding you have a Snowie!!! Sweet mother of all that is holy! I am in love with the snow cones...I'm actually afraid my kid will be born with some problems due to all the red dye I've been eating this summer. Good Job on the 16 lbs., way to throw down.

The Durham Project said...

I'm ready for one right now-- and I'm completely serious. Make that two!!

StephNyd said...

Hey Kristin! It's Stephanie (Davis) Nydegger. I came across your blog and it's sooo cute! I had no idea that you married Josh. anyway, if you send me your e-mail address to stephnydegger@hotmail.com then I can send you an invite to our blog. I would love to keep in touch with you and your cute fam.
Steph

Aly said...

How fun that you have a Snowie. That is so dang cool. We need to come and check it out for sure! Congrats on the weight loss. Gotta love that.

Jennifer said...

I was looking at the pictures from the ward activity and your legs seriously look like TOOTHPICKS! Congrats on losing all that. I'll try not to get depressed as I pack it all back on. Oh yeah..a shaved iced with icecream in the bottom sure sounds good!

The Ericksons said...

Hey! It was good to see you guys and get to chat. I am happy that we came down. Too bad we couldn't get a snowie...I had Rachel get me one that night though, sorry it wasn't yours! Maybe next time. Glad to know you guys are doing so well.

Annie Jane said...

Oh hooray for you guys! I like the phase of life you have entered and wish you well!

Kaydee said...

Wow! kristen I am going to use you as a weight loss motivator...I wish we worked up there those prices are awesome for the houses!! Congrats on everything!

Julie said...

Hey sorry I'm not working for you this summer. I had such a blast last summer. I still would love to be a sub sometime. Me and Liz will come down anytime you need someone.