Wednesday, June 4, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILO May 19, 2008










My cute little guy turned 3 last month and I never posted, and I feel Terrible. We had a fun party. We invited all the family and Aaron Lee over. We had slip-n-slide, sno-cones, cake and barbeque. You should have seen his eyes when I came home with balloons. I never buy him anything, so he couldn't believe that he was getting not only one balloon, but a whole bouquet. I stayed up making this lame football cake. It could have been better if I had the good icing color, but Kroger drops worked for him. If you ask him what his favorite part of the party was, he'd tell you " the Slip-n-slide" But he slurs his s's and it is so cute. He was so excited to blow out his own candles, even though nobody was watching except me and grandpa, none of that mattered to him...he was just happy to have a party. He got a bike and a bunch of other toys and he loves to go on long bike rides all around the subdivision. I was bummed out thinking I was going to be going on all these slow walks, but the opposite is true...I chase that kid everywhere. It has been good for my exercise goals. Back to the birthday.... Well the party was on Saturday and his birthday was on Monday.We had Anthony over to slip n slide on Monday again, then we planned this fun night at the zoo. We got the kids all packed up and we drove clear up to Hogle Zoo, where Josh was meeting us from work. Funny thing happened that night. Nobody was at the zoo at 6:30 because it was CLOSED! Are you freaking serious? We probably spent $10 bucks on gas to drive up to the zoo and back with kids who really wanted to stay home a ride bikes instead. Oh well, at least the party was a hit. Milo is turning over a new leaf now that he is 3. He doesn't talk back as much, doesn't hit as much, and he has been going to sleep by himself for naps and night time ( we bribed him with a Lagoon trip if he complies) I have been waiting for 3 years for that. Oh the sweet rewards of motherhood.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks like you had so much fun. And I thought the cake was awesome so I was surprised you thought it was lame. You guys always know how to have a good time. Yeah for Milo being a good boy and for the new bike. Walks are so much more fun with a bike that' for sure. Happy Birthday Milo

Annie Jane said...

Milo is so handsome! I wish we would have bought Melia a bike. I bought her a stupid wheelbarrow. I am ridiculous sometimes. I love the cake and the slip n slide. He looks so old! I am glad you posted this.

the Ernest's said...

Kristen, I just love hearing all the fun stories about your family! And I just love that you married Josh! You are such a good mom, staying up to make such a fun cake! You've got some mad skills, but you always have!

Aly said...

Milo is so dang cute! Looks like it was an awesome party.

Elena said...

Happy Birthday, Milo!!! Seriously, that is one cute kid.

Van Cott Family said...

Happy Birthday Milos!!!! We love you kid and hope to see you this summer!
Love: Seth and his mommy