
One of the many reasons that I haven't spent much time perfecting the blog world, is because I usually have a 2 year old climbing on my head when I am on the computer. So I have to be sneaky and hurry and check messages when he is busy, because as soon as he finds me here, the day takes a downward spiral. On Saturday, I told him I needed 5 minutes to return phone calls and check my messages. Well he obviously didn't understand that, and sure enough he was climbing up the chair and onto my head. I was talking on the phone to somebody I didn't know and was trying to get rid of the monkey on my back. He started to get mean, so I whacked him on the head. It was a pretty hard whack, and to my surprise he didn't say anything. He just calmly climbed down, and walked to a dried flower arrangement on the table, where he proceeded to pull off all the flowers and sprinkle them all over the floor and table. I tried to get him to stop by waving him away and giving dirty looks. After I got off the phone I was so upset, I asked " Why are you making a mess, I asked you not to?" His face got all annoyed and he replied in an angry voice (I suppose he was mimicking the way I talk to him when he's in trouble) and said
" Because.....we.....don't......hit!!!"
Anybody have ideas to getting 2 year olds to respond to any sort of discipline?
6 comments:
That is so funny! What a cute kid! I would like to say I had some discipline for ya, but sadly I feel the same stress.
Hey Kristin it's jen Turk. Saw your comment on Kristin's blog. So I know it's one of those you shouldn't laugh but that story was so funny I just had to laugh. I'm sure you weren't laughing as you cleaned up the mess though :( Don't you just love boys! We started "Love and Logic" when Jack was about 2 and it has worked WONDERS!! I know you seriously live around the corner but hey...I'll be blog watching you now!
Um, my advice to you is sit back and laugh at yourself. The little stinker. Today I was making mac and cheese (I know, really healthy) for the boys and I left the room. When I came back, Jake was stirring the pot and adding salt. I need to nail the chairs to the ground so he can't move them to reach the dangerous stuff.
Yeah!! I am so glad you found me. The crazy thing is I got on your blog and saw the Nordfelts. I know Kye really well, how do you know them. His wife is beautiful and looks strangely familiar, but it may just be from the reunion 5 years back. The stranger thing is that on their website they have the rosenvalls which we know really well too. Weird! Now because of you I get to keep tabs on the Berrets and the Vancotts as well. So fun. Also, we really need to hang out before that bun in the oven is cooked to perfection.
Anyway--I can not get over your story about Milo. I love the bruise on his head to. Kenlie totally had a hitting phase and the first time (and last time) I spanked her Jeff was like, "Oh yeah that's real good. Teach her not to hit, by hitting her." Lesson learned. I went out and bought the supernanny book and she has solved all my problems. Everytime we struggle with a parenting issue, we go to the book, implement the technique and the problem works its way out. Good luck. So glad I get to keep an eye on you now.
By the way I am so glad to see you posting to your blog. It makes me so happy. Also wanted to agree with Kristin. I Love the Super Nanny book.
That is so funny! It's amazing what are kids really soak in! Good luck!
Post a Comment