Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hallucinations

Last night I was laying in a hot bath (one of the 2-3 I take per day) and I started thinking that I might try to deliver this baby with no epidural. The thought process went somewhat like this " I could do it, what's the big deal with some pain. I hope I wouldn't scream, but that's not like me...I won't scream...I'll actually might even fake laugh, because I always do that when I don't know what to do...this way I won't have to deal with the nausea that comes with that stupid epidural...and maybe I could even see my baby get his first bath....I'll have to talk to my doctor about this tomorrow when I see him..." Well as soon as I got out of that bath, the thought process took a drastic turn and I realized epidurals are heaven sent, and I probably should not have the water so hot next time.

5 comments:

Heidi Berry said...

Amen! And from what I've heard- you need to prepare yourself for a natural birth for the whole nine months! At Alta View, they'll do the baby's first bath right in your room- so you won't have to miss it! Ask them to put something in your IV for the nausea.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Modern medicine is a blessing! I like your blog! When is your baby due?

Van Cott Family said...

Come on Kristin, do it for me! I dare you :) No really just having to endure 10 months of pregnancy is merit enough! But I find it funny you even entertained the thought that long!

Elena said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You and I are so much more alike than I thought. 2-3 HOT baths that I regret every day and our love for happy-durals.

Bethie said...

Kristin-
this is beth Elkington Stroud ( annie's sister) I am sorry I had to look at your blog, it is soooo cute!!! I had my daughter without anything (pain meds) I was in the tub for over an hour, I felt like it releaved some of the pressure, but once I started pushing it wasn't as painful. good luck if you do it. If you don't you still rock!!! I am pregnant with my second too, I am patiently counting the many months I have left ( I am only 13 weeks along)

good luck again,


P.S. your son is very cute, I wish I could tell you that they outgrow being stinkers but my 3 yr old is still a little stinker all of the time:)