Thursday, July 18, 2013

No binky beard for this girl !

We have been talking about ditching the binky for a few weeks now. She fell asleep a while ago without it and woke up screaming so Daddy took her to smiths at 1:00 am to buy some new ones. I keep trying to bribe her with something to trade them for. She was going to trade them for a bike but she wasn't sold on that plan. Then I asked her if she wanted to trade for swing. She entertained the thought for a couple of minutes then changed her mind And said "I swing at da pawk" so I dropped it for a few more days. Then tonight, she was sticking her finger in the huge hole that she bit into her binky. I told her to stop and that she was going to ruin the binky. She threw it and said "no, I give dat to da lady" so I said ok, time for bed. And a small miracle happened. She went down like a champ and is still sleeping beautifully. Hopefully we can make it through all of the sleep cycles successfully. If she does, we'll be going to the store to trade her binkys for her very own swing.
 I love this girl! She's beautiful, intuitive, tender, and has the language of a toddler sailor.  She loves all potty words like butt, toot, poo poo, and she growls them in the most unladylike fashion and she fake burps. She's surrounded by boys so I guess it's good that she's able to fit in with them? We're working on it;) 
Here's another photo for good measure:) she's working on her wolf badge with the big boys and couldn't be happier. 


3 comments:

Rosie said...

Best of luck in the binky removal category! We finally took Addison's away right before she turned 3 (after 2 prior nightmarish unsuccessful attempts) and the naps went away with it ;( The binky fairy took her binky and left her ariel pajamas to help her sleep like a big girl =)

Cami Jo said...

Hilerious! Love that cute little Nora :) Good luck with the binky...if you can tough it out for a week, it gets much easier. Rubee just didn't care for hers anymore, made it easy for me.

Abram Berry said...

For good measure, don't use the Binky Beast Method. My parents told me I was turning into the Binky Beast. I dumped my binky, but I'm scarred for life.