Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Cute Birthday Boy

7 Years ago today, I became a mom for the first time. 7 years later, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We have our good times and our bad times, but I love these kids so much. And I love throwing birthday parties. We put together this Sandlot themed movie night at the last minute. Milo's birthday is hard because it always seems to be raining, so we like to be flexible with his parties. We sent out 14 movie ticket invitations (how do I say no to that cute face? Believe it or not, I did draw the line at 14 kids)  they ate hot dogs, played kick ball at the park, and we came back and crushed a baseball pinata hanging from the mini parked in our backyard (since we dug a tramp hole today) filled with baseballs signed by Babe Ruth, gum and baseball cards. After the boys got their goods, we came in and watched Sandlot in the basement followed by a s'more roast in the back yard. The kids had a blast. I'd have them over monthly if I could, he really does have a good group of friends. Maybe in June when our yard is done. 


"Why does everybody always say I'm cute?" Need I say more little buddy? 
 Don't worry, This took place after the cake was safely in the oven and I was cleaning up. 

 Milo walked in the kitchen after I'd set the table and said "Hm, nice. I like the decorations" 
That's Nora's little arm coming in from the side snitching the frosting. 


 And here's the supporting cast at their best. Nora was LOVING those big boys. She sat right in the middle of them and kept shouting things and laughing. 
 Milo's Number 1! (since I didn't have any more candles, we improvised)
 Creative and possibly dangerous way to hang a pinata. 
 TKO pinata style
 And he got an arsenal of water guns. I was hoping for this, the kids love to battle it out with nerf guns and I wanted a collection for the outside. 
 Kobe gave Milo this Pogo Stick. He bounced till 10:30 that night and woke up and was bouncing again the next morning at 7:30. 
Sleepover Breakfast. Kneaders French Toast. One of our new family favorites. 
This is a documentation of the day before Milo's Birthday. Which I forgot to add, he got checked out of school to go pick out his new bike. 
Today his Real birthday, we woke up, Milo played the best soccer game of his life. He was kicking the ball over everybody's head clearing it down the field. Look at what you can do if you put your mind to it. Then they played around the yard while we worked setting up the new tramp (pictures to on another post).  We went swimming at the Legacy center this afternoon, and raced out the door to meet our family at Rock Creek for pizza and a super yummy oreo/cream cake. I am sad it's over, I still need to clean up the popcorn mess for the movie night. The good thing about messes is that they will always be waiting for you. No need to hurry and greet them. 

2 comments:

Elena said...

Jake was crushed when he couldn't go. He loves Milo. That looks like a great birthday. Glad he had a fun time.

Aly said...

What a FUN party idea! I love it. We have old kids! What a cute b-day boy.