Monday, July 14, 2008

The sun'll come out tomorrow...at least it better come out

That crappy grey cloud is looming again over our house. Our Mirage got backed into like a month ago and we are still messing with stupid Met Life for our claim so we can get the car fixed...the bad news is that the car is totaled, but we can still drive it so we are cashing in the car for a salvage title and keeping the money, so that could be considered good...but who wants to get their car ran into. Any car that I own is a magnet for damage...all caused by other people. Bad Karma, I guess. Last Monday morning our snowie guy went out to work and somebody had shaken the building so all the flavors fell off the shelves and spilled all over the place. So we have been putting the flavors on the floor at night but Saturday night they didn't get put down, so the little jerks came back and this time it knocked the machine on, and the machine was running all weekend and melted the housing and burned out our ice shaver. Now I love that Ice shaver...it makes me so happy. Even though the snowie is a pain in the --- , I still love the fact that I get to go get a free snow cone any time I want and it makes pretty good snow cones. But now, I can't even go get my ---- free snow cone. My only choices are ice cream pucks, bags of ice, and bottles of half empty flavors. At least I bought $75 worth of spoon straws last week so we can suck the syrup out of the cups. I hate the Eagle Mountain spot. This thing could be awesome and so fun if we didn't live in LAME Saratoga Springs, that doesn't let me have a snowie here. I am going to be petitioning the city council this month to change the laws so we can move it here next year, and if I am unsuccesful, if anybody wants to buy it, it is going to be for sale...with a brand new shaver because I have to go buy a new one this week.

Plus my poor grandpa is dying in St George this summer and I am trying to go down there and see him before he gets too bad and I am swimming upstream with my plans for that as well.

At least I can go look at my beautiful Lilies in my back yard...oh wait....Milo and Anthony pulled off all the flowers and sprinkeled them all over their slip n slide.

14 comments:

Elena said...

Only you could make your misfortune comical. I'm sorry things are rough right now. At least you can buy size 4 jeans!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh man! I feel for you. I feel like stuff like that always happens to us. Like it can't just be one misfortune at a time...it has to all come in huge clumps one right together! We did support your snowie last week and it was so yummy! Ted even helped Rach and Tiff open a sticky tub of sugar water with his muscles! If you need someone to sign a petition for the Snowie in Saratoga I'm so there!!! They let some dude build a Tire shop at the entrance to our development but they won't allow a snow shack! Give me a break!!!!

The Ericksons said...

Oh man!! That just sucks. I hope things get better for you guys soon! Maybe a good trip to sunny LA would help!!! Haha. Chad laughed about your St. George comment! Thanks.

Heidi Berry said...

You might as well buy a dog this week while you are at it.

Bryn said...

That seriously bites!!! I'm so sorry that you've been going through crappy stuff. Stupid kids shaking the snowie machine. Throw them in jail. I hope that things start to look up! I'll totally vote for the Snowie to be here, maybe right on our street. That would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

I was just complaining about a bad grumpy week on my blog, but mine doesn't hold a candle to the crap you've been swimming in. Sorry life sucks for you guys right now. I am all for a snow cone business close by. Who's for getting rid of the tire store and putting in a snow cone shack? Hopefully this week will be better and you can find a little joy. Oh and ps I didn't even read Jen's comment until I had written this. How funny is that. That's why we're friends and that's why I love you because it's okay to vent, wear our emotions on our sleeves and then move on. You are so fun, hopefully you had a fun boating trip planned or a trip to St. George. If you need me to help with your kids or whatever let me know.

Linds Forrest said...

Wow, a lot is going on!! Sorry to hear about that. I will buy that snowie off you if you are unsuccessful at selling it. And silly Kristen, that hike is a freaking beast!! Please do not feel bad he did not bring you. I threw up all Sat night from exhuastion from it. Anyway if it makes you feel better I think you are fantastic!

The Bonham Family said...

What one of your friends said they said it perfect! You have always had a way of making things that go wrong somehow seem like no big deal and so good at moving on!such a positive person. I can't believe that city of yours won't allow a snowie! How fun that you do that! Where is it located right now? I'm a full supporter.

Melany said...

that is dumb that people sabotaged your snow cone thingy! that's gotta make you so mad. but don't worry - they'll get their bad karma in the end. :)

Tony and Erica said...

This year can only go up right? Ive got to be sorry for your flowers if I didnt talk about how dang pretty they were and then a half hour later they were gone.. I have to say I hope we find the "soon to be in juvy jail" snowie machine vandalls!!! I think ive told everyone I know to keep telling everyone. Im sorry this has been such a crappy summer. I couldnt believe you were more mad when they called you about the hole situation. Let us know if we can do anyting.
PS you can use our tent again this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey since Ali, you, and me all had crappy weeks last week, and maybe you and Ali still need a little help getting over it, we are planning a day for pedicures and shopping. What is your schedule? Ali said Friday is a possibility but maybe Monday or Tuesday of next week too. I'll call you and we'll make it happen for sure. Hope today was better.

Annie Jane said...

YUK. I am sorry for you guys!

Van Cott Family said...

Hey, Hope this post finds you with a rockin' shaving machine and a wanted poster taped to your snowie!!! you should offer any houses in the near area free snowies of they catch the vandles!! I despise vandles who do they think they are ruining other peoples hard earned stuff for a thrill, sorry this prob. isn't making you feel any better! good luck and buy a car with a built in movie player, that should make you feel better! :)
--Love!

Brooke said...

There's nothing I hate more than disrespectful people who have nothing better to do than ruin things!!! That's stinks. I have issues with Saratoga too--try Splash this year. The city council tried canceling it the week of, nice! (and if you had your Snowie in Saratoga we would actually come!)