Sunday, May 19, 2013

Milo's birthday


Today the boy that made me a mom turned 8. I have been looking forward to this for a couple of years. I have been so touched as a mom to watch all of my nieces and nephews get baptized. It has made me look forward to Milo's own baptism. You only get a few of these days in a lifetime which makes them so special . This weekend started off like any other spring weekend. With a major project at the house. I painted the entire upstairs on Friday ( with the help of a good friend) and the pressure was on since Milo's birthday was the next day. I stayed up till 3 am while the boys went camping to fathers and sons.  We went to both soccer game in Saturday. Milo scored big this weekend. He made two goals! He really is good at soccer, he can see the field and he is always in the right place at the right time. I was so happy for him, he was bummed out a couple weeks ago because he didn't score, even though his defense kept the ball out of their own net. We came home from soccer and hurriedly got ready for the 15 kids he invited to come to his party. It was nacho libre themed and almost everybody dressed up.  We had tacos, bounced in the bounce house and watched the movie.  Today was his real birthday and we had the Berry's over for dinner since it was Sunday and cafe rio was out. Lucky for milo the party continues in two weeks on his baptism day. He's such an awesome kid and he makes me so proud to be his mom. My heart is always full when I think about how awesome he is. Especially since he's the first kid and he had to endure the early years of me practicing to be a mom. We love you milo! 

No comments: